My ten favourite sailing books!

Wansworth

If you liked jim moore, you will like Ernle K Bradford's The Journeying Moon and The Wind off the Island, both beautifully written.
Hopefully come across those books,read some of his books,but the titles sound inviting,cruising in the golden age?

Which of the mention books is a good for beginner sailor, that is which book contains good instructional info on sailing?

Slowtack

Whitlock

The Lonely sea and the sky made the list from my favorites.:)
I only just read your post and, oddly, I was outside John Masefield's house in Maida Vale today. I can't remember the last time I read or heard a reference to Sea Fever and now twice in one day.

Sealong

May I add:
1) "The Nautical Chart" by Arturo Perez-Reverte, an intelligent story of adventure and treasure set in modern times, translated from Spanish, brilliant. I have read it twice and will read it again sometime.

2) "Eight Bells and Topmasts" by Christopher Lee, a true tale of the life of an apprentice at sea in the late 1950s.

C.

ronsurf

Which of the mention books is a good for beginner sailor, that is which book contains good instructional info on sailing?
Since you haven't had many answers, I'd suggest any of the RYA books, which generally contain very good diagrams. I'd also recommend Sailing for Dummies if you are a complete novice. Best to identify whether you are dinghy sailing or yacht cruising - while the fundamentals are the same, there are subtle differences.

I've been reading the Alan Lewrie series which are good nautical fun.