My old man and the sea

steve yates

Visit site
by daniel and david hayes.

Just finished this, wonderful book. The dual perspective writing works amazingly well, I wasn't keen on the idea when I got the book, but it just works. It helps that both are good writers.

Father and son decide to build a 25 foot boat (a vertue) and sail round cape horn together.

Really deserves to be reprinted but as it is you will find secondhand copies on amazon ridiculously cheap.

Buy and enjoy.

Poignard

Visit site
I think this Book Club forum should be closed down immediately.

I am trying to get rid of some of the hundreds of books I have cluttering up the house and people keep coming on here recommending ones I haven't read before, so I have to buy them!

Cardinal

Visit site
This is indeed a good enjoyable read. It is the book which I often think of when sailing boots are being put on! You will have to read it to find out why. I am encouraged to reread it but it may have gone to a charity shop with the several hundred others in a recent purge!

MikeBz

Visit site
Thanks for the recommendation, this whiled away the hours very nicely whilst I was in hospital having a hip replacement recently.

DownWest

Visit site
I read this and really enjoyed it. Lots of social comment along with a good sail. Do I have a copy now? NO, Ient all three out. Yep, never got them back...