• REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as YBW, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health and liberty is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Users who are found to post FAKE NEWS on the forum in regard to this issue, intentional or otherwise, may find their access terminated. It is your responsibility to provide references to bona fide sources.

My old man and the sea

steve yates

by daniel and david hayes.

Just finished this, wonderful book. The dual perspective writing works amazingly well, I wasn't keen on the idea when I got the book, but it just works. It helps that both are good writers.

Father and son decide to build a 25 foot boat (a vertue) and sail round cape horn together.

Really deserves to be reprinted but as it is you will find secondhand copies on amazon ridiculously cheap.

Buy and enjoy.

Poignard

I think this Book Club forum should be closed down immediately.

I am trying to get rid of some of the hundreds of books I have cluttering up the house and people keep coming on here recommending ones I haven't read before, so I have to buy them!

Cardinal

This is indeed a good enjoyable read. It is the book which I often think of when sailing boots are being put on! You will have to read it to find out why. I am encouraged to reread it but it may have gone to a charity shop with the several hundred others in a recent purge!

Daedius

I have owned this book for a few years and finally read it, and totally enjoyed it.

MikeBz

Thanks for the recommendation, this whiled away the hours very nicely whilst I was in hospital having a hip replacement recently.