• REMINDER - COVID-19

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as YBW, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health and liberty is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Users who are found to promulgate FAKE NEWS on the forum in regard to this issue, intentional or otherwise, may find their access terminated. It is your responsibility to provide references to bona fide sources.

FAKE NEWS, in this regard, is that which is posited by organisations, media, etc., that is repeated on the forum, or used to support personal opinion/hypothesis posted by users - FAKE NEWS is not necessarily the personal opinion/hypothesis being posted in itself, any issues with such should be challenged respectfully.

IN ADDITION it seems that conspiracy theories are finding their way onto the forum. This is not the place for such content. Users who post it may find their access limited or permanently suspended. Please leave it where you find it.

My first video on YouTube showing Concerto under spinnaker.

Tomahawk

I do it regularly in open water. Having raced offshore in the past I have probably had virtually every problem with a spinnaker and survived, so do not worry about it.
Have you done the one where you do a wineglass.... but wrapped round the forestay?

Skellum

Have you done the one where you do a wineglass.... but wrapped round the forestay?
I’ve done the one where you go up the mast to retrieve the shredded remains of your kite from the forestay. That’s not a lot of fun!

Gixer

Ok, I watched this yesterday and then had a dream about it last night....

HissyFit

What have you got against dolphins?
Freeloaders, the lot of them - riding our bow waves. Grrrr. Ha ha, no not really. It just seems compulsory to get the cliched shot of dolphins on video. I'd probably do it too, if I had the opportunity.

mjcoon

Freeloaders, the lot of them - riding our bow waves. Grrrr. Ha ha, no not really. It just seems compulsory to get the cliched shot of dolphins on video. I'd probably do it too, if I had the opportunity.
OK, you're excused! I have sat on the bow of a small yacht on flotilla squeaking at the dolphins playing in our bow wave while my less animalistic mate steered... Magic!

Concerto

Sail on the Medway, Kent from Chatham Maritime Mar
DJE, you should remember we met at the Scuttlebutt Run in 2018 in Cowes. Your boat is in the foreground and Concerto is opposite with DOM behind. This photo might bring back a few memories of that event that should have gone the Cherbourg but the northerly gales stopped that. On the Sunday I did sail to Cherbourg, so arrived a few days later than planned.

IMG_0923 1000pix.jpg