My first boat - buying tomorrow fingers crossed (advice pls)

Bigplumbs

Visit site
Some times you should keep some comments or thoughts to yourself. This one of yours is a classic example. We all have the same amount of time eh? You try telling my nephew that!!
And try telling my sister that events are down to her choices!

You should indeed keep some of your comments to yourself.

The time comment was about 24 hours in a day. Which is true.

if a member of your family is unwell I am sorry but that is not what I meant

benjenbav

Visit site
Who knows why the OP has let this thread subside. Maybe he got busy at work. Maybe he’s not well. Maybe he’s lost interest. Maybe he’s storing up his experiences to write a barnstorming new thread with a thousand new questions.
We all come here for fun and to share our experiences, but let’s hope that it doesn’t ever become compulsory. :)

Seastoke

Visit site
I don’t understand , peeps should be able to say what they wish, this how we make friends or not if you don’t like some comments, by some people put them on ignore then you don’t see what is said.

KevinV

Visit site
I don’t understand , peeps should be able to say what they wish, this how we make friends or not if you don’t like some comments, by some people put them on ignore then you don’t see what is said.
Now I'm confused, you seem to be saying that person A should be able to say what they want, but person B shouldn't be allowed to say what they want about what person A said. That's certainly not how my friendships work. If someone I generally like says something I don't like I'd rather tell them and move on, rather than ignoring them for ever more - the latter doesn't seem very grown up to me.

TonyBerkshire

Visit site
Hi all,

I'm back!!!

Thank you for keeping this thread alive, I had a giggle reading!

- firstly the bad news... a friend of mine lot younger committed suicide from depression (nobody had a clue as he was so outgoing happy!), a grandfather (2nd) and also my mothers uncle passed away
- secondly the boring news... yes work (the day job) has picked up doing 16 hr days but I have employed a few more people so that should help going forward. Our property side business is going well too.. currently buying another 2 properties and looking for 1 more)
- lastly the really good news... We are having another baby less than 2 mths to go!!!! (On top of the 6, 7 and 8 year olds we have.... plus the dog keeping me busy!!)

Still super excited about boating (I have been for over 20 years... ask my wife every time we go on hols!!) and shall post an update and pics shortly.,.... watch this space.... ! (ps: May be buying a bigger boat soon too... a Princess.. wife's given me the thumbs up! (buying another house now to live in too as have 3 cars now, want to buy a project car and need a bigger driveway ;)

ps: You guys have probably gleaned I have an OCD personality, love learning (quickly), just doing things to get experience and never let other people control my emotions (online or in person)... also I will take on as much advice I can but pretty much do what I want ;) ... its served me pretty well in so many life successes to date. Therefore, any negativity on here goes straight over my head... for those of you with a similar PMA and outlook on life ... a big ;) (y)

julians

Visit site
Hi all,

I'm back!!!

Thank you for keeping this thread alive, I had a giggle reading!

- firstly the bad news... a friend of mine lot younger committed suicide from depression (nobody had a clue as he was so outgoing happy!), a grandfather (2nd) and also my mothers uncle passed away
- secondly the boring news... yes work (the day job) has picked up doing 16 hr days but I have employed a few more people so that should help going forward. Our property side business is going well too.. currently buying another 2 properties and looking for 1 more)
- lastly the really good news... We are having another baby less than 2 mths to go!!!! (On top of the 6, 7 and 8 year olds we have.... plus the dog keeping me busy!!)

Still super excited about boating (I have been for over 20 years... ask my wife every time we go on hols!!) and shall post an update and pics shortly.,.... watch this space.... ! (ps: May be buying a bigger boat soon too... a Princess.. wife's given me the thumbs up! (buying another house now to live in too as have 3 cars now, want to buy a project car and need a bigger driveway ;)

ps: You guys have probably gleaned I have an OCD personality, love learning (quickly), just doing things to get experience and never let other people control my emotions (online or in person)... also I will take on as much advice I can but pretty much do what I want ;) ... its served me pretty well in so many life successes to date. Therefore, any negativity on here goes straight over my head... for those of you with a similar PMA and outlook on life ... a big ;) (y)
Good luck, I said on 7th Jan that I see you in a flybridge boat based in the med by the end of summer, still on track for that ...

TonyBerkshire

Visit site
ps: Forgot to mention... have done my RYA PB2 course too... it was EPIC... done down in Southampton and was so much fun.. learnt a great deal that would have taken me ages on my own. Got my VHF course booked in too! How is everyone?

limecc

Visit site
ps: Forgot to mention... have done my RYA PB2 course too... it was EPIC... done down in Southampton and was so much fun.. learnt a great deal that would have taken me ages on my own. Got my VHF course booked in too! How is everyone?
All good here thanks.
Do you have up to date pics? Hope you're getting her ready? Anticipation is building, I can't wait for your first outing lol

TonyBerkshire

Visit site
All good here thanks.
Do you have up to date pics? Hope you're getting her ready? Anticipation is building, I can't wait for your first outing lol

I shall take some more pics soon... Planning on taking her out this weekend fingers crossed. Bought most of the safety gear just need a few more bits. Also, planning on changing the name (currently The Cod Father but just needed something quick to get the insurance at the time)... thinking Sea Hawk or Whiplash... my daughters still wants me to put mermaid vinyl all over it (Like the pics below) so may call her Serene, Siren... something along them lines?
Screenshot_20220125-203836_Gallery.jpg