Moving to the Caribbean

Bajansailor

Visit site
Me too - what I don’t like about most of the Caribbean is the over-reaching influence of US “culture” - guns, violence, bible, drugs and disgusting food and beer. I never sleep really easy at anchor in most of the English speaking caribbean.

The French islands are still decent though.

If you ever do sail out here, I think you might find that Barbados is still 'decent' (as well).
We have strict laws about guns, there is some violence, but it mostly tends to be amongst just a small minority of drug dealers, you will find the odd eccentric bible basher (same as anywhere else) - and our food and beer is pretty 'decent' actually.
Try a freshly made flying fish cutter in a warm salt bread, washed down by a Banks beer - food (and drink) for the gods.
Or a roti. Or a takeaway from any of the ladies selling 'street food' from the back of their little Suzuki vans.

Banks beer - GeoLocate | Banks Beer Barbados

There is also 10 Saints, which is stored in rum barrels -
10 Saints ~ Hand Crafted Beer Microbrewed In Barbados

And then there is the Dreadhop Brewery for a more exotic range of ales -
BEERS | DreadHop Brewing

balder

Visit site
Concerning Martinique, "nouveau confinement de l'ile pour une durée de trois semaines, décidé par le Prefet avec couvre feu de 21h à 7h et interdiction de se déplacer à plus de 10kms", new lockdown is instaured for three weeks.
Etat d'urgence sanitaire pour la Guadeloupe, St Martin et St Barth:cry: