Moving to Power

JStordy

Visit site
Hi All,

New on here,having got older ( who doesnt!) and not as agile planning to move to Motor Boats from Sail!

I'm looking for a boat for Day / weekend & longer trips based from the Solent area - ideally capable of carrying family and friends and sleeping up to 6 for short periods of time. Budget around 100K. I have been looking at various boats (Sealines (S37/S38/S34), Cranchi Zaffiro, Regal 3760 types). Any advice / pointers from the expertise on here as the best make / type / engine combination to go for ? Thanks in advance - John

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
Hi All,

New on here,having got older ( who doesnt!) and not as agile planning to move to Motor Boats from Sail!

I'm looking for a boat for Day / weekend & longer trips based from the Solent area - ideally capable of carrying family and friends and sleeping up to 6 for short periods of time. Budget around 100K. I have been looking at various boats (Sealines (S37/S38/S34), Cranchi Zaffiro, Regal 3760 types). Any advice / pointers from the expertise on here as the best make / type / engine combination to go for ? Thanks in advance - John
Yes you don’t want a cranchi , I’ll say no more .

JStordy

Visit site
I had a cranchi. They are well built and well specified.

the challenge is selling it. They are med boats and not a mainstream U.K. brand.

if you can get one at the right price then fine but do bear in mind it will take time and a price to sell it on
going to look at a Zaffiro 34 tomorrow - see what its like - as you say not many prices to compare with!

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
Hi All,

Hi John

Welcome along. Last year I was in the same position as you, sold our yacht and looking for our first mobo. There's a lot to take in. My advice is to see as many boats as you can and form a view of what features / characteristics are important to you, which might help narrow the field down. As others have said, resale is one of the factors to consider.

I kept a log of the boats I'd seen and what I'd liked and disliked about each, and that built a sort of shortlist. We also had the the benefit of the Southampton Boat show, plenty of chances to view different styles and layouts.

If you suggest your approx budget, people will be along shortly to recommend something that might suit. Often, this is whatever they have themselves... :)

Last edited:

JStordy

Visit site
just gettin
Hi John

Welcome along. Last year I was in the same position as you, sold our yacht and looking for our first mobo. There's a lot to take in. My advice is to see as many boats as you can and form a view of what features / characteristics are important to you, which might help narrow the field down. As others have said, resale is one of the factors to consider.
yep - just going to look around some likely one's- i live west of london so some of the thames brokers are good for looking - not sure if id buy there as need to get the boat to the Sea!!!! been up and don the thames lots of times

Switch

Visit site
Hi All,

I’d look at the sealine S41 if I were you. Loads of room inside and a really spacious cockpit. KAD300’s is the engine choice to go for. Don’t touch the Yanmar powered versions. I had a S42 for many years and loved it. £100k will get you nice S41.