Morning between cookham and Henley

Jawise

Visit site
Hi I’m after some advice on mooring a 25ft boat between cookham and Henley stretch for a couple of months till I work out permanent residential mooring in this area, thanks

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
Cookham just above the bridge on the left going up they do some good deals specially for winter moorings. By the church, upstream of the willow tree. Nice mooring. Moor up and someone will turn up to collect your mooring fee and you can have a chat about it. I think the same person also does the field moorings above the sailing club there. I seem to remember boats being on those moorings all winter last year. It does flood occasionally so you do need to be well prepared and sorted for that type of mooring.

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
Harleyford, if your wallet is big enough.
I noticed they have cleared all the moorings up the top in the weir pool. Maybe someone has moved into that lovely little house right by the River? Or more likely the bigger house less close to the River.

If I had all that I'd definitely go for that little one below the weir. Nice little house to have as an escape from the boat.

MBK

Visit site
Harleyford is the same cost as all of the "main" Marinas on this stretch of the Thames.

The island and all of the moorings near to the house were purchased by the owner of Harleyford Manor.

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
With a 25ft boat you might well be able get a spot at the end of the season once they lift out the summer boats.

Hambleden marina is another one for winter but the rise and fall there during flooding is significant. Last winter the tail at Hambleden was up about 6ft at one point.

They do have jetties at Hambleden and they do let the moorings for winter after the summer boats are lifted ashore.

Could be worth contacting Hobbs as they have the contract for the council moorings at Henley near the station. The bottom end of the moorings by the wooded island have proper riser poles and sliding rings and most of the boats there now will be out of water for winter. They do let these for winter but I don't know about availability. Just a suggestion if Henley is an option.