More Tally Ho

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
For me this latest episode is perhaps the best, it features some outstanding joinery bordering on cabinet making with template making, fitting and design work that just makes a mere wood butcher go WOW (y) (y) (y) You won't get to see this sort of work to often and these guys deserve all the praise that can be given.

benjenbav

Visit site
Phenomenal single mindedness to complete the project. Is there anything of the original boat left?
They did have some lead from the original… but they melted it down, added some more and recast the ballast keel. :)

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
They seem to be reusing some of the teak decking in the interior, the transom is largely original and I think some of the deck furniture will be from the original, no doubt other things as well.
I suppose the original was built much quicker with more shipwrights all working on different areas but I doubt it was built to a better standard.
As for being in the wrong forum, it's about the craftsmanship the fact that it is on a boat built is irrelevant

Wansworth

Visit site
Interesting in that vid was the flooring did the edge of the floorboard have a chamfer on it so it immediately come free on lifting a detail I have seen in other classic boats. So it doesn’t jamb up with the damp

DownWest

Visit site
I drop into the thread from time to time and am boggled at the dedication to restore a classic of this size without a BIG source of funds from some well know internet shaker. All kudos to Leo ad his team.