Morbihan

Lightwave395

Visit site
Dear boaters,

Please find attached the decree of the Prefect of Morbihan dated May 14, 2020 concerning nautical and pleasure activities, as well as its associated press release.

After consulting the municipalities, the prefect thus authorized, by a decree of May 14, 2020, the resumption of boating and nautical activities in all the municipalities of the department, except for certain holds and for the islands for which further consideration is in progress.

The Arzal lock is open during normal hours. As a reminder, couple boats will not be authorized in order to limit all contact
between boaters during maneuvers. The EPTB Vilaine Notice to Mariners will be published today.

Lightwave395

Visit site

Roberto

sybrancaleone.blogspot.com
"Couple boats" = rafting I believe.
A vhf conversation I heard some time ago (already posted, sorry for repeating but was very funny).
UK boat hails one Morbihan marina (IIRC Crouesty) in perfect French with very slight accent "Avey vous une place pour une nuit" -do you have a place for one night?
French marina operator recognizes the accent and kindly replies with his best English "Sori ze port is full, only places to couple".
After a few moments of silence the UK boat replies "It's ok then, we are married".

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
A vhf conversation I heard some time ago (already posted, sorry for repeating but was very funny).
UK boat hails one Morbihan marina (IIRC Crouesty) in perfect French with very slight accent "Avey vous une place pour une nuit" -do you have a place for one night?
French marina operator recognizes the accent and kindly replies with his best English "Sori ze port is full, only places to couple".
After a few moments of silence the UK boat replies "It's ok then, we are married".
Brilliant :)

Sandy

Visit site
Here you go, I don't think anything has changed WRT the 100km form home rule, seems it's just local sailing:

Ouverture de la navigation sur le Morbihan

I have the same issue, my boat is there but I'm not allowed to travel to it, for some time I fear...
Thanks, we are keen to return to France this year, sadly Plymouth/Roscoff is 100 nm, but respect their laws.

Mark Payne

Visit site
Our boat is at Le Crouesty, Morbihan. In hindsight, a big mistake.
Of course the plan is to get her back to the UK but this seems to be getting harder not easier with the 14 day quarantine rules now in place between FR and UK.

What a mess :-(

Mark

Quiddle

Visit site
Of course the plan is to get her back to the UK but this seems to be getting harder not easier with the 14 day quarantine rules now in place between FR and UK.

Mark
FYI, the quarantine rules are not yet in place but maybe imminently . I travelled to France on Saturday.
If anyone wants a boat check at Arzal or LRB in the next week please PM.

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com

Mark

This rule is not in place.
In his last address to the country, the PM said that the UK could at some point in the future impose a 14 day quarantine for everyone enterning the country.
Then it was announced that visitors entering from France would be exempt.
This exemption was later recinded.

At this time, there is NO 14 day quarantine for anyone entering the UK - not from France or from anywhere else.
What would be the point of a quarantine for anyone entering from Europe, anyway? Right now, the UK is still harder hit than any other country in Europe.

Last edited:

Bobc

Visit site
Any further news on visiting boats from the UK being allowed to enter French ports yet?

LittleSister

Me Norfolk/Suffolk border - Boat Deben & Southwold
Visit site
Couldn't we mount a 'Cockleshell Heroes' type raid to liberate all these British boats trapped in France? ;)

we are keen to return to France this year, sadly Plymouth/Roscoff is 100 nm, but respect their laws.

Ah, but French law only applies within French territorial water, so the first half of the trip shouldn't count! ;)