Moorings Update

Old Crusty

Visit site
Great, a rare well done EA for listening to the users (y)

I wrote in on 23 October last year as did many others pointing out this unlawful attempt at registering arrival. Still no formal answer but clearly we have won this argument given the volte face. Was the EA listening? I can't be that charitable but it is a victory for the law as writ.

TrueBlue

Visit site
A reasonable boater can't complain about the new DE/EA sign - clear and reasonably concise. I never knoew that tese were official moorings anyway!!

Whoops somebody jumed in between the Maidenhead mooring post and mine -I refer to the moorings just below the lock.

Scapegoat

Visit site
A reasonable boater can't complain about the new DE/EA sign - clear and reasonably concise. I never knoew that tese were official moorings anyway!!

Whoops somebody jumed in between the Maidenhead mooring post and mine -I refer to the moorings just below the lock.
The Twitter photo was licence enforcement. Those moorings are “managed” by RBWM. Some are permanent, some 24 hour for a fee. Never seen much fee collection activity there or downstream of the railway bridge either

Barge

Visit site
So out of 30 boats 18 didn't have a licence, which means only 12 bothered...and how long has that been going on.

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
The Twitter photo was licence enforcement. Those moorings are “managed” by RBWM. Some are permanent, some 24 hour for a fee. Never seen much fee collection activity there or downstream of the railway bridge either
The moorings are actually owned by the Royal Borough. To suggest that they are "managed' might be stretching it a little ........

However, I am pleased to see that they have finally addressed the overhanging trees on the islands between Maidenhead Bridge and Boulters lock.

Last edited:

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
On that Maidenhead stretch - decades.
Certainly a long time. As the EA is not cash flow sensitive there is little incentive to ensure prompt payment and, provided the fee is paid when challenged, it is unlikely that court proceedings will be instigated. However, if notice to pay is not served during the charge period (e.g. the current charge is for the period 1/1/2021 to 31/12/202 I understand the EA are unable to pursue.
In practice, we have been given to understand that once (if) served with a notice to pay the majority comply leaving a relative few remaining unpaid and needing further action.
It would not surprise me if the annual loss of income amounts to several £100k and it is difficult to get accurate figures as the total number of craft on the river is unknown - only those registered can be counted.

Other threads that may be of interest