Mooring wanted

Wavey

Visit site
A couple of friends I’ve known for years who live on their 60ft narrowboat are looking to move from their current mooring on the Thames.They’re really nice people, both are professional horticulturists, and for them living aboard is more of a lifestyle choice. They’ve had several issues recently at their current location which the powers that be have shown little interest in resolving so they want to relocate.

Any suggestions where they might move to? I moved from the Thames to the Solent some years ago so not really in touch with what might be available.

TrueBlue

Visit site
The main problrm is that now many/any marinas allow liveaboards (not because they don't want any - but because their council tax becomes much more expensive) I'm sure somebody will counter that statement...

Old Crusty

Visit site
A couple of friends I’ve known for years who live on their 60ft narrowboat are looking to move from their current mooring on the Thames.They’re really nice people, both are professional horticulturists, and for them living aboard is more of a lifestyle choice. They’ve had several issues recently at their current location which the powers that be have shown little interest in resolving so they want to relocate.

Any suggestions where they might move to? I moved from the Thames to the Solent some years ago so not really in touch with what might be available.
Tingdene's Thames & Kennet marina in Caversham permit liveaboards, their Windsor Racecourse marina might. MDL Bray & Windsor, Hambledon don't strictly speaking.

Dave_Seager

www.seagers.org.uk
As I understand it, residential use involves issues with Planning Permission. In the past, some marinas would turn a blind eye to liveaboards as they felt that it provided them with free security guards.

Flynnbarr

Visit site
Depending on how bohemian they are there is a good sized live aboard presence at bell weir boats.......and a while back they had a couple of bankside moorings available.