Mooring options South Devon

Jurgen

Visit site
Hi all,
I’m looking at a 10 mar sailing boat and want to berth South Devon, MDL Brixham want £410 per month, are there any cheaper marina options that might save me some money, needs to be all states of tide access and have water and electricity and ideally showers ?

KompetentKrew

Visit site
Is that 10 metres?

Is Plymouth an option?

I think Torpoint / Southdown / Carbeile (same group - maybe family run?) are the cheapest in Plymouth, but on the Cornwall side.

Plymouth yacht haven is then the next cheapest, closer to MDL standards, and on the Devon side. Prices are on their website.

Capt Popeye

Visit site
Torbay Council Marina are cheaper but understand there is a waiting list; but having stated that I understand that the wailing lists are drawn up for each berth length so might be worth enquiring ?

doug748

Visit site
Only this afternoon someone was telling me they paid about 300 quid a month for a c 12m yacht at the council place in Torquay (3 month deal) so, as the Capt'n says, it is worth asking.

Apart from that take the £410. I think it is a good price. In Plymouth expect to pay 580 + for a equivalent berth. I am just about to take a month at £620.

Jurgen

Visit site
Is that 10 metres?

Is Plymouth an option?

I think Torpoint / Southdown / Carbeile (same group - maybe family run?) are the cheapest in Plymouth, but on the Cornwall side.

Plymouth yacht haven is then the next cheapest, closer to MDL standards, and on the Devon side. Prices are on their website.
Plymouth yacht have are charging £455 per month ?

doug748

Visit site
Plymouth yacht have are charging £455 per month ?

Plymouth Yacht Haven are open to visitors right now, though following Government policy - no staying on boat overnight.
Their monthly charge is £63 per m. £630 for the OP

If someone is paying £455 they may have a longer term sublet, I notice these are often available there.

Sandy

Visit site
Hi all,
I’m looking at a 10 mar sailing boat and want to berth South Devon, MDL Brixham want £410 per month, are there any cheaper marina options that might save me some money, needs to be all states of tide access and have water and electricity and ideally showers ?
You might get a better deal if you contact the marina directly, times are hard you know.

My Plymouth marina still has its showers closed as we are not allowed to stay overnight.

James_Calvert

Visit site
£410 a month is better than visitor's rates on a swinging mooring round S Devon.

But are you tied down to paying it all year?

Do you pay extra for winter storage on hard standing?