Mooring above days lock

prof pat pending

Visit site
I can’t see how you select your desired mooring area, but more worryingly, having paid upfront, how do you know there will be a suitable mooring available as there are no boat specific questions

TrueBlue

Visit site
I can’t see how you select your desired mooring area, but more worryingly, having paid upfront, how do you know there will be a suitable mooring available as there are no boat specific questions
I suspet it's somebody new to ther Thames and Thames moorings.
Established moorings tend have something to offer nearby. These dont unless you don't mind hopping over barbed wire to get to the facilities in Dorchester. We liked mooring there because it was quiet and there was sufficient depth for a NB. For those who want a pub it's mebe easier to moor by the bridge over the ?Thame and walk along a decent footpath.

TrueBlue

Visit site
A lot of it had - IIRC the area appeared to have been subdivided int smaller plots. However we haven't been that way for ages or we just passed by 'cos it was too early to stop!

Big John

Visit site
No one is asking you moor there, you can go anywhere you like on the river. Those of us who have enjoyed the fields above Days Lock and walking into Dorchester or even up the clumps have found it to be very relaxing. Especially being far away from the noisy boaters that want to spoil the peace and quiet.

LimL

Visit site
Day’s Lock update- no “no mooring” signs any more but landowner might have discovered “environmentally friendly?!” answer- area covered in sheep droppings, strong smell of s—t and plague of flies ?
Enjoy…