Mirror Dinghy Restoration

MirrorDinghyProject

Visit site
Hi,

I am completely new to all of this.
I have been a dinghy sailor for 8 years, and have owned a 1970s wooden Mirror Dinghy for 6 years. 3 years ago, I moved it off the boat park and brought it home to do some restoration to the hull, however life got in the way, and it has been waiting for me to come back to it.
Now, like lots of people, I have found myself with lots of free time due to the isolation, and am determined to make some progress and have my boat ready to get back on the water.
I have already stripped all the old white paint off the hull, and left it covering the seams of the wooden panels. There doesn't seem to be any serious damp or rot on any of the wood.
I previously have done some research, got thoroughly confused, and then bought some International Toplac for my boat paint.
However,
Do I need to use a primer for this?
Is it ok to cover the entire hull with this as a topcoat - is it waterproof enough (with boat park/garage storage)?
Do I need to apply anything special to the seams?
Can I use a roller to apply the paint?
Do I need to varnish the hull before applying a primer?
Do I need to keep the boat/paint at a specific temperature?

You can see I am a complete novice, but am really determined to complete and succeed with this project.
Any and all suggestions will be really helpful and really appreciated.

Thank you

Aja

Visit site
First of all go have a look at the International website. It is full of instruction for the use of their paints and primers.

I have used Toplac in the past with very satisfactory results although I've heard others are not so keen.

Others will be along with their take on all the stages they recommend for a full restoration now that you have time on your hands.

Donald

MirrorDinghyProject

Visit site
First of all go have a look at the International website. It is full of instruction for the use of their paints and primers.

I have used Toplac in the past with very satisfactory results although I've heard others are not so keen.

Others will be along with their take on all the stages they recommend for a full restoration now that you have time on your hands.

Donald

Thank you! That's a great place for me to start!