Milford Haven

Seastoke

Visit site
So we are coming to milford from Conwy when is best time to arrive and where is best to stay , we will need beer and fuel, cheers BB.

graham

Visit site
Castle martin range isnt a problem coming from Conwy.

Fuel is available in milford haven marina or at neyland marina.

Dale is a good anchorage in westerly winds with a half tide pontoon yacht club, pub cafe and shop there.

Tescos , rail station and lots of pubs close to milford haven marina.

Allan

Visit site
Graham has it nailed.
Call 'pierhead' on ch 14 when approaching Milford.
Also an all tide pontoon and 3x visitors buoys at Dale.
Better facilities re beer and fuel at Milford
I agree with Tico and Graham on all points, except the beer. If you like freezing cold fizzy beer, Milford is the place. If you have taste and want proper, warm, flat beer the Griffin at Dale is the place.
Allan

tico

Visit site
Agreed , the Griffin has a fine pint of cwrw haf but is expensive to eat, however it's a wonderful way to spend an afternoon by the wall at Dale watching the antics on the slipway with a pint.
Agreed too about Nos Da, shame they don't have bitter, but the inside and terrace is welcoming (easy to miss tho)

Quiddle

Visit site
Is it just me or does the OP mean 'a hotel' by place to stay? I assume someone prepared to cross Cardigan Bay would be aware of the existence of the marinas. Saying which, I'd also assume they would be able to work out the best time to arrive. If they can't there may be issues in Bardsey, Ramsay and Broad /Jack sounds.

bitbaltic

sailingkarisma.wordpress.com
Agreed , the Griffin has a fine pint of cwrw haf but is expensive to eat, however it's a wonderful way to spend an afternoon by the wall at Dale watching the antics on the slipway with a pint.
Agreed too about Nos Da, shame they don't have bitter, but the inside and terrace is welcoming (easy to miss tho)
Is Nos Da the thing painted black just before the marina turning? Always assumed it was some terrible club. Obvs have to be selective where we go with a five year old bosun, maybe not that sort of venue but sounds like I should explore it when I’m up on my own and ‘working on the boat’ (code word for footloose beer weekend).

38mess

Visit site
20 years ago on the way back from somewhere we stopped off at Milford for a night and had the best night in a pub right on the marina, I think it might have been called Martha's Vineyard, not sure tho.

V1701

Visit site
Spent 4 nights at Milford Marina 3 years ago, super friendly, good value, easy & convenient for everything - fuel, shops, eateries, etc. I'd happily stay again. We arrived after a bit of a battering in increasingly bad conditions in the early hours of the morning after setting off from Aberdovey the previous morning & had to wait for a weather window to get to Falmouth...

Allan

Visit site
I used to go to a pub across the harbour from the marina, behind the dock buildings. Not sure of the name but it had fish hanging from the ceiling. It looked like they had been there for years. Proper boozer!
Allan

Seastoke

Visit site
Is it just me or does the OP mean 'a hotel' by place to stay? I assume someone prepared to cross Cardigan Bay would be aware of the existence of the marinas. Saying which, I'd also assume they would be able to work out the best time to arrive. If they can't there may be issues in Bardsey, Ramsay and Broad /Jack sounds.
We will be arriving from Fishguard so what should be looking out for , we will have been through bardsey already.

Dellquay13

Boat at Milford Haven, Home in Chesterfield
Visit site
I used to go to a pub across the harbour from the marina, behind the dock buildings. Not sure of the name but it had fish hanging from the ceiling. It looked like they had been there for years. Proper boozer!
Allan
heart of oa
Allan
Heart of Oak
the landlord might look like Saruman, but he's a gent.
they have b&b for workmen at about £25

Dellquay13

Visit site
Is Nos Da the thing painted black just before the marina turning? Always assumed it was some terrible club. Obvs have to be selective where we go with a five year old bosun, maybe not that sort of venue but sounds like I should explore it when I’m up on my own and ‘working on the boat’ (code word for footloose beer weekend).
it's further down from the club, next door to the old merchant warehouse covered in scaffolding that's being converted into an arts centre, next to Costa.
Cross the road between the vets and the locksmiths and it's in front of you

Dellquay13

Visit site
Ok back to entrance is it buoyed well.
yes it is bouyed well, but considering it is one of Britains busiest tanker ports hosting LNG megatankers and constant tug and pilot boat traffic, there is lots more reliable official guidance that I'm sure you will consulting and following before you start your journey

Last edited:

Seastoke

Visit site
QUOTE="Quiddle, post: 7993027, member: 3889"]
[/QUO well your post would be more use if you offered information to the op , is that not what the forum is for local info. And thanks for all the replies.