Migrants, have you personally been affected when sailing?

seivadnehpets

www.schnark.home.blog
Indeed, if one were to play devils advocate, using Poinguards logic the entire COP26 is a waste of time as we have not previously had a climate change disaster as an eample. But I wouldn't make such assertions.
???????
Fools advocate I think.
And, at that time, there was no automatic equipment to recognise an incoming distress message and alert the Radio Officer.
except the fireworks.

Kukri

East coast UK. Mostly. Sometimes the Philippines
Visit site
except the fireworks.

But the rockets were not clear.

It was not until 1948 that the colour red was made the colour for distress signals. The Titanic’s rockets were white.

The Carpathia fired rockets as she approached the Titanic’s last position to tell the survivors that help was on the way…

(at this rate I shall be boring for Britain on the Titanic - but I do remember negotiating to have a ship built at Harland and Wolff and the then Chairman, Sir (now Lord) John Parker saying “But never mind that! Look at the paint job!”)?

Last edited:

seivadnehpets

www.schnark.home.blog
But the rockets were not clear.

It was not until 1948 that the colour red was made the colour for distress signals. The Titanic’s rockets were white.

The Carpathia fired rockets as she approached the Titanic’s last position to tell the survivors that help was on the way…

(at this rate I shall be boring for Britain on the Titanic - but I do remember negotiating to have a ship built at Harland and Wolff and the then Chairman, Sir (now Lord) John Parker saying “But never mind that! Look at the paint job!”)?
Fair enough. I wouldn't want to judge him.
There would have been a lot of pressure.

Major_Clanger

Home is Suffolk, boat either Suffolk or Cornwall
Visit site
Mr Lightoller went on to have an interesting career. He had a house close to the Eastern docks at Dover and was part of the Little Ships Dunkirk operation among other exploits.
You'll probably know this, but his TSDY, Sundowner, is a floating museum at Ramsgate and very well-kept she is too. He brought back 127 men from Dunkirk, an heroic feat. One of his sons was in the BEF and retreating towards the town. It must have been agonising believing his son was somewhere in the melee and wanting to see him safe (as it was, his son had already been evacuated).

The way Hollywood depicted him in the gushing, self-indulgent turd of a film was disgusting. I can't find the piece now, but his descendants complained to the makers but allegedly got little by way of an apology.