Mercury meet cancelled/postponed

BrendanS

Visit site
OK, I'm going to call off the official Mercury meet, as it's not financially viable with current numbers, but keep the forum here open for now, so that an informal meet can be arranged by those that still fancy getting together that weekend.

As the sponsorship from MDL is still there, maybe we can try again later in the season. Either summertime (though that means holidays and stuff gets in the way) or maybe right at the end of the season

castaway

uk.groups.yahoo.com
I have actually called the harbour master at Folly Reach 3 times today and left 2 messages for him to call me back. He did answer one time from his dory to say he'd call in 10 mins from the hut..but didn't .. I'll try again tomorrow

I wonder if there are enough owners out there interested in a 'downmarket' meet at the Folly if we can book a couple of rafts?? Might be fun and easy to arrange!

All best Nick

www.yachtsite.co.uk/fairweather

Neraida

www.neraida.org.uk
Sorry to read this. We couldn't be there Brendan but I'm sure that you would have done an even better job than last year's great meet.

James/Claire

BrendanS

Visit site
Phoenix like, it will come back better than ever. Later this year, or next year. Not sure why this years attendance is so down, but a lot of people couldn't make it, so better to postpone

fastjedi

Visit site
The Hunter Owners Associasion have a Folly meet the week after.
Pontoon booked, 30 odd boats rafted 3 wide, £15 a head in the Folly.

Looks like a good formula if nobody has the date booked?

Talbot

Visit site
Folly def lively on a sat night. Good food. need to reserve a table though (and pref not right on top of the band) I am up for it, but am struggling to get boat into water at moment as still have work to do, and SWMBO has Flu, and am only managing abt half day a weekend at the moment!