• REMINDER - COVID-19

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as YBW, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health and liberty is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Users who are found to promulgate FAKE NEWS on the forum in regard to this issue, intentional or otherwise, may find their access terminated. It is your responsibility to provide references to bona fide sources.

FAKE NEWS, in this regard, is that which is posited by organisations, media, etc., that is repeated on the forum, or used to support personal opinion/hypothesis posted by users - FAKE NEWS is not necessarily the personal opinion/hypothesis being posted in itself, any issues with such should be challenged respectfully.

Mercruiser turbo /throttle

Cavalierbond

Hi .. have two 4.2s one side throttles through the range and turbo kicks in at 1800 ish and carrys on to 3000 ...other side goes to 1800 and that’s it .. when not in gear I can rev to 3000 ish .. but when under way it 1800 .. all points to the turbo for me .. but the throttle seems to reach about half was and then lose its feel .. any suggestion would be great .. new boat to me and this cable seems to have been changed

Cavalierbond

Sorry .. further checking at the rev counter
Throttle goes to 1800ish .. and no further but as I open the throttle the revs go down but then engine sounds as if it’s climbing up .. needle jumps up and down a bit bit no higher than 1800

burgundyben

Triffick .. and with that reply no one allowed to ask technical questions
Secondly. I offered what I think is an easy thing to check and worthwhile establishing. If you cant work out what to do then you need someone that can.

Last edited:

Cavalierbond

1 don’t be a knob

It was the waste gate ..

now go and stand outside of b and q with your clipboard