Melting rollers and the devil incarnate.

G

Does anyone know of a roller that won't melt when used with Polyeurethane paint ?

PU paint is the work of the devil, but it has a nice shiny exterior, so some while ago I sold it my soul and can now overcoat with nothing but more PU. My problem is that I have yet to find a roller which doesnt melt. Short hair rollers swiftly become bald, and your bald boat swiftly grows short hair. Foam rollers, soon disintegrate leaving a fine, almost cobweb type display as you roll away.

Does anyone have any ideas ? Using a brush means I cant control the thickness of the paint, and PU being, I believe the first true evidence of artificial intelligence, will wait for as long as it takes for you to turn your back before sagging, running, or generally doing something unsightly beneath its shiny skin, which will immediatly punish your efforts to brush it out by altering from its orginal consistency of milk, to a porridge like substance immediately you try corrective action.

Spraying is not an option - marine paint might be a rip off, but PU marine paint is in another dimension, and losing up to 20% to the atmosphere via the spray gun does not sit happily with this Yorkshireman. Nor with the other owners around me, whose boats seem to attract that same 20%.

Nope - rollering and tipping off seem to be the answer, but how do I stop my roller melting ?

Any ideas greatfully received.

Rgds
Chris

G

We painted the deck and cockpit of our boat using Blakes two pack Poly and a very nice finish it gave us. Cat rollered on the paint and I laid it off but I cannot remember the make of the roller she used. I think it might be the ones Blakes recomend ('Ansa'??)Contact Blakes or their nearest agent, they were very helpfull with advice and encouragement when we were planning the job.

Wully.