Med boaters - will you get to your boat this year?

John100156

Visit site
Hey - if Bouba stops inserting pictures, I will run out of Teams background images - I have a least 3 virtual teams meetings a day, and everyone at Imperial College and National Physical Laboratory look forward to seeing my next background image...

Still, back out to SCM on Saturday (have already printed our SpTH and Covid passes - private joke....:)).

Bouba

Visit site
We are going to sea on Sunday....expect more pictures ?
Today was a tale of three ports. After some appointments in the morning we went to Carqueiranne Port for lunch, then to my home port to do some work on the boat (why does it never end?) and then to Le Lavandou to inquire about a winter berth. We walked in each place and it was a stunning day, really hot and sunny. But it didn’t occur to me to take some pictures ?‍♂️

Portofino

Visit site
Le Lavandou nice if you can get it .Been a few times sheltered .Are they all kinda council run ?
I did my Permit d Mer here .Practiced many times parking on that very berth between mine and the Pershing .But like the old reversing round a corner U.K. driving test, touch the kerb and you failed .
Here you had to parallel park within 3- 4 inches and if you touched the jetty = fail .
The maritime official , the Fr tester grew up in Harrogate.His mum was a Fr teacher .So spoke good Eng .
I passed .

4AFB165B-3525-4308-B9AB-C419570494DD.jpeg
8488560D-CD81-434B-AB76-E8F644085C43.jpeg

Bouba

Visit site
Le Lavandou nice if you can get it .Been a few times sheltered .Are they all kinda council run ?
I did my Permit d Mer here .Practiced many times parking on that very berth between mine and the Pershing .But like the old reversing round a corner U.K. driving test, touch the kerb and you failed .
Here you had to parallel park within 3- 4 inches and if you touched the jetty = fail .
The maritime official , the Fr tester grew up in Harrogate.His mum was a Fr teacher .So spoke good Eng .
I passed .

View attachment 124148
View attachment 124149
That Pershing was still there today

kashurst

Visit site
16th October and it's starting to get a bit cold. Had to wear a jumper today but a lovely day out and a very calm sea. A few sailors out but we were pretty much alone.
Last trip for us this year, running out of days we can stay, so next week its a good clean and flush the engines with fresh water.

QQ7MsEu.jpg

jointventureII

Visit site
Do you use Genoa as a base or are there interesting areas to visit locally.

Base - very well connected city, the centre is a commercial shipping port so you can get any work doing, spares galore, cheap, the marina we are in (Aeroporto) is incredibly safe too.

There are a few interesting places to visit locally (Portofino being the standout) but there isn't a massive amount along this stretch of coast. Corsica, Elba, SoF are all within a day's cruise though.

Bouba

Visit site
This morning’s dog walk (in no particular order) Plage La Courtade, the bay of Notre Dame, Pointe de la Galère
(12km 25 floors)