MDL Otium?

ST840

Visit site
trAPNt.png
Well that’s just as I said except 30 days max at one marina not 28. Stay 30, leave for 1, come back for another 30. Then repeat.

[2068]

Visit site
Well that’s just as I said except 30 days max at one marina not 28. Stay 30, leave for 1, come back for another 30. Then repeat.

Exactly.

Maybe different Marinas have different contracts - i.e. if you are based on the Hamble, it might be less restrictive.

BabySharkDooDooDooDooDoo

Visit site
Yes it's offering you double points, 28 instead of your normal 14. But they've also sent the email to berth holders who it doesn't apply to. We're at the point of checking out marinas around the Solent area.

In response to today's double Tesco clubcard Otium points email I asked for a quote for their marina based in the North West corner of Chichester Harbour which including early upfront payment is £650/m.

If anybody can confirm how that stacks up against the prices for the existing 'freedom berthing' berth holders then I would be interested to know. By PM would be fine.

Cathy*

Visit site
In response to today's double Tesco clubcard Otium points email I asked for a quote for their marina based in the North West corner of Chichester Harbour which including early upfront payment is £650/m.

If anybody can confirm how that stacks up against the prices for the existing 'freedom berthing' berth holders then I would be interested to know. By PM would be fine.
Is that £650 a month until the end of March so winter rates? Our renewals come out in December, usually with a discount if paid before mid January, for contracts beginning April the 1st. When I've asked anything about prices before December I've been told they haven't been decided yet. I hope they don't plan to charge existing freedom berthers more than otium customers.

Blue Sunray

Visit site

December last year the same marina quoted me £667/m (inc advanced payment discount) for a berth from Apr 20 - Apr 21.

Last edited:

TK Blue MAX

Visit site
[/QUOTE]
I think what they mean is you could only do this 6 times before you reach 183 days, otherwise everyone would make the cheapest marina there home berth, then spend 350 odd nights at wherever they fancy, possibly somewhere more expensive.

Reality61

Visit site
So with Otium now having a new sweetner we should all hang on !!!
They might increase it again !! Dont blink yet !!! Marketing are panicking maybe !
Don't forget as well I think single night stays on Otium in other MDL marinas don't count for points.
Lets see if the contracts and pricing are different, cant see it being smooth as to date our marina is struggling with the credit given for Covid, god help those on Otium.

BabySharkDooDooDooDooDoo

Visit site
So with Otium now having a new sweetner we should all hang on !!!
They might increase it again !! Dont blink yet !!! Marketing are panicking maybe !
Don't forget as well I think single night stays on Otium in other MDL marinas don't count for points.
Lets see if the contracts and pricing are different, cant see it being smooth as to date our marina is struggling with the credit given for Covid, god help those on Otium.

Anybody joining next year potentially suffers the 'double whammy' of not being eligible for Freedom berthing contract and not being entitled to the discount existing berth holders get due to being denied access to their marina during the restrictions.

As MDL don't appear to publish a 'rate card' so maybe existing customers will be charged something different?

PeterBoater

Visit site
And they haven't thought about Cruising Club members who seemingly have to transfer to Otium (Odious?). The application needs to have an MDL marina specified, with no option for Visitor. MDL HQ advised me to select my nearest marina, although I don't of course ever go there, as it's only down the road from my home, non-MDL, marina. I do, however, visit more distant MDL marinas as a Cruising Club member (every seventh night free). The MDL marina that I specified then get in touch and say they can't progress my Otium application because they have no record of me being a berth holder there!

BabySharkDooDooDooDooDoo

Visit site
And they haven't thought about Cruising Club members who seemingly have to transfer to Otium (Odious?). The application needs to have an MDL marina specified, with no option for Visitor. MDL HQ advised me to select my nearest marina, although I don't of course ever go there, as it's only down the road from my home, non-MDL, marina. I do, however, visit more distant MDL marinas as a Cruising Club member (every seventh night free). The MDL marina that I specified then get in touch and say they can't progress my Otium application because they have no record of me being a berth holder there!

My reading of their 'calculator' was casual overnight berthing didn't attract any points so unless I become in need of boatyard services or a longer stay there seemed little point applying for a new card.

Elessar

Visit site
My reading of their 'calculator' was casual overnight berthing didn't attract any points so unless I become in need of boatyard services or a longer stay there seemed little point applying for a new card.
Funny isn’t it. They claim to have spent a year on this scheme. Yet after a year what they have published is so much marketing bunkum and so little clarity that we can’t work out what the offer actually is.

Blue Sunray

Visit site
Funny isn’t it. They claim to have spent a year on this scheme. Yet after a year what they have published is so much marketing bunkum and so little clarity that we can’t work out what the offer actually is.

Have you met Tim NiceButDim? I can quite believe that he spent a year on it.

Boat2016

Visit site
Have you met Tim NiceButDim? I can quite believe that he spent a year on it.

His email address wash published for something I enquired about a short while back...didn’t even get the courtesy of a reply so went elsewhere, I have noticed he’s quite active on Facebook defending his employer but thats about it.

Reality61

Visit site
This may of been answered before,

But when I tried to log in TO MY MDL unless you have an OTIUM number you cant get in as a member. (So we are already inferior)
Don't think I have ever been dropped so quickly by an organization, I have only been with them for 26 years !!!

Blue Sunray

Visit site
I have been told said marina is currently full!

If you are talking about Northney I can quite believe it as there didn't seem to be many empty sports last time we were there, ditto Sparkes but perhaps @Cathy* could give a current view. OV however seems half empty (when they are not trying to run a boat show), Mercury seems something in between.