May I go to the boat at the weekend please ?

Portofino

Visit site
Nah..the return has just begun :)
Plays into Bozo,s side like a gift C19 .
EU will be more desperate to accept anything we offer after C19 unwinds there economies which will sink lower faster more than “ Brexit “ islands .
Sure everyones gonna dip , but it’s a case of who,s dips the lowest .Theres so many of them ruling by committee time will overtake there decision making .Or better still festering differences ( hither too kept buried ) will surface ......C19 will stress test there “ unity “ .
Secondly for both sides but more beneficial to the one leaving the nest any disruption , be it economic , social , trade , what ever can and will be placed in the C19 dustbin .
In other words post Dec this year or early 2021 , with a healthy dose of time lag the negative stuff will be shifted into C19 fallout .
Eg unemployment rises - “ ......nooooh , it’s not because of Brexit ...it was the C19 fallout “

Absolute gift C19 for UK GOV .....re Bexit in so many ways .

As I keep saying see saw one side goes up another down ........

Portofino

Visit site
I believe going out for a walk once a day is permitted , for exercise . Is it not?
That only works to a jury if went go out for walks everyday before religiously before the lockdown .
Furthermore it was essentially the same route .
It’s a national emergency not a national holiday .
A lot of folks ( like the record in living memories who climbed Snowden’s recently on a WE ) “ went out on a walk once a day “

Its boils down to the word in the Q you answered from Stelican “ essential “ you missed that word out in your reply .

Folks looking for a get around , playing the walk card as essential , as time moves on are increasingly looking like social leper’s ( no pun intended )

Your marina guys inclined to OK it as then later you have less ammunition to create a case for a refund .....can’t you see that .

Momac

Visit site
That only works to a jury if went go out for walks everyday before religiously before the lockdown .
Going out for a walk or exercise outdoors is permitted (eg running, cycling) under the current rules (see link below) .
It has nothing to do with any behaviour before the lockdown. As it happens we did go for walks before lockdown ...but not religiously .

Guidance on social distancing for everyone in the UK

Momac

Visit site
Your marina guys inclined to OK it as then later you have less ammunition to create a case for a refund .....can’t you see that .

Refund for what ?
I pay to moor my boat . The boat is still moored there . I am not expecting a refund.

Bouba

Visit site
I think people are getting hung up on the letter of the law. If you want everything to be spelled out then come to the continent, the rules are quite clear and getting clearer all the time. What Britain is asking you to do is keep to the spirit of law else draconian laws will be spelt out

Rappey

Visit site
You can ONLY leave the house for the following reasons:

1. To shop for basic necessities like food and medical supplies for people in your own household or for someone vulnerable; this includes shopping for pet food. You are also able to shop for supplies needed to keep your home maintained (where absolutely essential), or to obtain money.

2. To take exercise either alone or with other members of their household. This does not include travelling in a motor vehicle, or taking public transport, to a location away from your home. Exercise is running, walking or cycling. Working on your allotment plot is also included as exercise.

3. To seek medical assistance.

4. To provide care or support to someone vulnerable, or provide emergency assistance.

5. To donate blood.

6. To travel for the purposes of work only where it is not possible to work or provide services from home, including voluntary or charitable roles.

7. To attend a funeral, but only when they are a member of your household or a close family member. If the deceased doesn’t have any family attending, you are able to attend as a friend.

8. To fulfill legal obligations, like attending court hearings or to take part in legal proceedings.

9. To access critical public services. You can visit childcare or educational facilities where they are still available or social services. You are able to access services provided by the Department of Work and Pensions, or services for victims (of crime, for example).

10. To co-parent. Parents who are separated can continue their existing parenting arrangements.

11. To go to a place of worship, but only if you are a minister of religion or worship leader.

12. To move house, but only where this is absolutely necessary.

13. To avoid injury or illness or to escape a risk of harm.

Although not included in the legislation, the government says owners of animals, such as horses, can tend to them.

Regardless of the reasons above, if you have symptoms of coronavirus and must remain at home for 7 days, or 14 days as a household.

Police across the country have the power to fine citizens who are outside for reasons other than those listed in this article. If you fail to comply with their order to return home, you could be arrested. The Government’s instructions are not requests – it is law.

Source: The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020

Momac

Visit site
2. To take exercise either alone or with other members of their household. This does not include travelling in a motor vehicle, or taking public transport, to a location away from your home. Exercise is running, walking or cycling. Working on your allotment plot is also included as exercise.

There we go .
Going for a walk, starting and ending at home ,for exercise is permitted .

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
Martyn , I know you live nearby your boat , so do others I know at Farndon.
The problem is that if you go to yours then everyone else will want to which will seem unfair .

Momac

Visit site
Martyn , I know you live nearby your boat , so do others I know at Farndon.
The problem is that if you go to yours then everyone else will want to which will seem unfair .

I only called in on the boat for 5 mins max and have no intention of making a habit of it. Probably not going again for weeks .

I don't see why I should not go for a walk for exercise which is what some people are saying.

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
What about when somebody phones and says your boat is very low in the water. Is that then not essential or do you just let it sink.
I’d say that ok , in the case at PH I’d say MDL let them down badly .
Hope your well mate in these times , my job for next week off as MDL closed the doors to each and everyone .

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
I only called in on the boat for 5 mins max and have no intention of making a habit of it. Probably not going again for weeks .

I don't see why I should not go for a walk for exercise which is what some people are saying.
Nothing wrong with a walk out , it’s the boat visits that are deemed not necessary, I’d say it’s more to deter the public gatherings of more than 2 together .

Momac

Visit site
I’d say it’s more to deter the public gatherings of more than 2 together .
No chance of that .
No chance of more than two people gathering together in our household ..... and not much ''gathering'' going on even then.
My chief officer has been isolating a few weeks prior to it being enforced.

moresparks

Visit site
Just a personal thought.. The more people who find “excuses” to suit their needs the longer the situation will go on and we may lose the whole season.
Some research is suggesting that the Virus can be breathed out and remain “active” for up to 3 hours. It remains “potent” for the first hour then tails off. The virus can be picked up in the wind and infect people, so Social Distancing although effective is not the full answer. Maybe an idea to sort out that face mask you would use for anti-fouling ha ha.
There has already been a warning from government today that further restrictions may be brought in.

Portofino

Visit site
Refund for what ?
I pay to moor my boat . The boat is still moored there . I am not expecting a refund.
Not you personally.
Some ( a guy on another thread re insurance refund for longer than originally anticipated on the hard ) reckon they are due some sort of refund ? Cos he can’t use it and it’s stuck out of the water .
Folks denied access to there boats ( although no intention of actual going out ) might attempt to fabricate a refund case from said marinas .Loss of amenity use “ only bought it to sit on etc - abiding by family group rules “
“ Exercised” to get here now having a rest , twisting as I said the walk / exercise rule .
They shouldn’t ,t but we are dealing with all sorts in the general public .

We are back to was it really necessary? Really ?

As VP says once other see a few sauntering about playing the “ walk / exercise “ card others then follow and inevitably there’s unfortunately unnecessary social contact ....

Its a bit like arguing with a copper early June 5 am Sunday caught doing 80 mph on an empty U.K. motorway.
Of course there’s nothing wrong or particularly more risky safety wise ....especially if you have just come from France , in a car that can do 2x that speed .

No harm done by the 80 mph driver if he’s not caught , or by you checking your boat yesterday.

Question is should either be right in doing so ?

Portofino

Visit site
Just a personal thought.. The more people who find “excuses” to suit their needs the longer the situation will go on and we may lose the whole season.
Some research is suggesting that the Virus can be breathed out and remain “active” for up to 3 hours. It remains “potent” for the first hour then tails off. The virus can be picked up in the wind and infect people, so Social Distancing although effective is not the full answer. Maybe an idea to sort out that face mask you would use for anti-fouling ha ha.
There has already been a warning from government today that further restrictions may be brought in.
Yup think cigarette smoke .
Thats exhaled air mostly and think the distances involved .
Theres no science with the 2 m rule it’s just an arbitrary number , handy and easy for Joe public to administer.
A starting point .
Science says sufficiently sized infective dose from a sneeze can travel 28 feet and infective droplets hang about longer than we think .

Makes me laugh to see cyclist 2 m or what ever apart the rear one(s) inhaling the exhaled air from the peloton leader .
So if the front guy is infective ( asymptomatic sure ) he’s spreading to the guy(s) behind .......all in the name of “ exercise “ .

Cos of the fwd velocity even [ insert your meters ? ] it’s still possible for the front guy to spill his lung contents out for all behind to suck up when hull climbing .

Folks are abusing the “ walk “ and ‘ excerise “ .....ok poor messaging ......but next time round or very soon this time round that’s gonna be removed from the lockdown guidance .

TwoHooter

Visit site
You can ONLY leave the house for the following reasons:.....
Source: The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020
Rappey, where did you get that list of reasons for leaving the home?
Because it's NOT the same text as the actual regulations. The actual regulations are here:
The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020

I understand those who say we should be complying with the spirit of the regulations, not the letter.
But at the end of the day we all have to make up our own minds what to do and the best starting point is the actual law, not an invented version of it.
I keep coming across so-called law which has been invented by someone who hasn't read the actual law. It's not just the coronavirus legislation, it happens all the time.
I prefer to read the actual law, and abide by that.
By the way, I am not taking sides in the argument about whether or not MartynG ought to have gone to his boat.

Bouba

Visit site
Rappey, where did you get that list of reasons for leaving the home?
Because it's NOT the same text as the actual regulations. The actual regulations are here:
The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020

I understand those who say we should be complying with the spirit of the regulations, not the letter.
But at the end of the day we all have to make up our own minds what to do and the best starting point is the actual law, not an invented version of it.
I keep coming across so-called law which has been invented by someone who hasn't read the actual law. It's not just the coronavirus legislation, it happens all the time.
I prefer to read the actual law, and abide by that.
By the way, I am not taking sides in the argument about whether or not MartynG ought to have gone to his boat.
The only thing that would tempt me into breaking the lockdown to visit my boat would be if I owned a Nordhavn