Matsutec HP-33A AIS Transponder: Firmware Update

www.bavariayacht.info
New thread on the specific topic of the Firmware Update on the Matsutec HP-33A AIS Transponder ...

The [Firmware Update] wiring instructions from the manufacturer are a bit misleading, so I've made my own, which they approved of (see image below).
Matsutec-AIS-HP-33A-Data-Cable_zps9d04c0dc.png~original

In Post #75 of the original thread, I mentioned that I've found the identical plug and socket, called a "GX16-10"
Line socket as original lead, plus line plug (perhaps for making an extension): http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281175722040
Line socket as original lead, plus spare chassis mount plug: http://amzn.to/1nXUEzc

I've now made up a dedicated lead with a Mini-USB socket and a 12V Power Input:
Matsutec-AIS-HP-33A-Firmware-Cable-010_zps7a0767fc.png

This lead is available for loan. If there are several takers, I suggest a rota, rather than coming back to me.

Last edited:

2nd_apprentice

Visit site
That looks pretty neat indeed, Nigel! Before I have a go at the forum search(TM): what's the most up to date firmware version? Only bought the Matsutec two months ago so won't need updating myself I hope.

Palawan-Taucher

Visit site
Hello all,

how about, you need to change the MMSI ?
As long, you dont set the MMSI, it show's "-----------" and you only receive AIS, becorse no transmitting.
Can i off the MMSI, after it was set any ? Or , can i reset to "----------------" by flashing the Firmware-Update ??

any advise ?

Deep 6

Visit site
Hello Nigel
Is your cable still available for loan?
I have the 2015 firmware in a zip file if you require.
Regards
D6

Alpha22

Visit site
I've repacked the file as a ZIP (rather than a RAR) so it can be opened without additional software. It is on the Downloads page on my Bavaria Forum site, see signature.

I created an account, signed up, logged in, I see lots of Bav... sailiy stuff, but no Downloads page???? Now it may be that I've over looked something...?????

Deep 6

Visit site
It used Nigel's link and the download tab is there and Nigel's down load was about 3 or 4 down in the list of downloads at that time