Marlow Wasp nest

Chill

Visit site
Be aware there is a wasp nest just upstream of the little bridge. Seen unsuspecting folk coming and going all day

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
Wasps nests are not a problem if you maintain a social distance. Yes later in the season they tend to get a bit irritated due to the lack of reproduction opportunities but at the end of the day if you don't annoy wasps they will not annoy you.

Having said that I have had at least half a dozen negative interactions with wasp nests over the years but every time it was due to me inadvertently interfering with the area close to the nest. Usually to do with mooring pins or walking to a tree to tie the boat up.

I've never been swarmed but have been close. It's worth keeping your eyes open on this.
Putting a notice saying "wasp nest" seems to me to be an interesting way to reserve a desirable mooring spot.

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
Oh I see it's the little foot bridge at Higginson Park.

Years ago I put a mooring pin into a wasp nest about parallel with the top island at Beale park. Managed to get back to the boat and left the pin there and departed. Got only one sting out of that which was rather fortunate.