• REMINDER - COVID-19

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as YBW, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health and liberty is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Users who are found to promulgate FAKE NEWS on the forum in regard to this issue, intentional or otherwise, may find their access terminated. It is your responsibility to provide references to bona fide sources.

FAKE NEWS, in this regard, is that which is posited by organisations, media, etc., that is repeated on the forum, or used to support personal opinion/hypothesis posted by users - FAKE NEWS is not necessarily the personal opinion/hypothesis being posted in itself, any issues with such should be challenged respectfully.

IN ADDITION it seems that conspiracy theories are finding their way onto the forum. This is not the place for such content. Users who post it may find their access limited or permanently suspended. Please leave it where you find it.

Marlow Wasp nest

Chill

Be aware there is a wasp nest just upstream of the little bridge. Seen unsuspecting folk coming and going all day

Old Crusty

Be aware there is a wasp nest just upstream of the little bridge. Seen unsuspecting folk coming and going all day
If you report to the EA, it will get 'Nick the Wasp' out to deal with it.

Outinthedinghy

I'm wondering where the little bridge is in Marlow, having come down through there today.
I saw a pretty bridge and a big ugly bridge but no little ones.

Wondering if this might be the Hurley footbridge.

Outinthedinghy

Wasps nests are not a problem if you maintain a social distance. Yes later in the season they tend to get a bit irritated due to the lack of reproduction opportunities but at the end of the day if you don't annoy wasps they will not annoy you.

Having said that I have had at least half a dozen negative interactions with wasp nests over the years but every time it was due to me inadvertently interfering with the area close to the nest. Usually to do with mooring pins or walking to a tree to tie the boat up.

I've never been swarmed but have been close. It's worth keeping your eyes open on this.
Putting a notice saying "wasp nest" seems to me to be an interesting way to reserve a desirable mooring spot.

Outinthedinghy

Oh I see it's the little foot bridge at Higginson Park.

Years ago I put a mooring pin into a wasp nest about parallel with the top island at Beale park. Managed to get back to the boat and left the pin there and departed. Got only one sting out of that which was rather fortunate.