'Mariquita'

John_Silver

allatseawithstargazer.blogspot.com
Mariquita is truly exquisite. We ended up moored in front of her, riding out a gale, in Brest, this August. I never tired of the view of her, towering above Stargazer's transom. There was a group of Fifers, including Mariquita, already in when we arrived. And as the gale wore on Le Francais, joined us. Closely followed by another tallship, which took shelter beneath the castle battlements. Brest Classics pix

blush2

Visit site
I remember her sitting in the mud as a houseboat at Pin Mill for many years until taken away on barge for her eventual restoration. Great to see her back in fabulous condition
Think she was restored at HYS some time ago. I worked with a chap who was temporary mate in the early 2000's. They offered him a permanent job but he had to turn it down because the pay wouldn't support a wife and triplets

dunedin

Visit site
These Wm Fife beauties now seem to berth permanently in the South of France, but occasionally venture back home for the Wm Fife regattas at Fairlie/ Largs every 4 years or so.
With a Fairlie regatta this year, that would explain sightings in Channel Islands and Solent en route

Chiara’s slave

Visit site
These Wm Fife beauties now seem to berth permanently in the South of France, but occasionally venture back home for the Wm Fife regattas at Fairlie/ Largs every 4 years or so.
With a Fairlie regatta this year, that would explain sightings in Channel Islands and Solent en route
We had a fife regatta in the Solent this summer.
9CF6FFB7-193D-49C9-A7A3-912168F46F9C.jpeg