Marine Engineer near Sandwich, Kent

DazzyWoo

Visit site
I'm currently boatless - and being freelance, I can see me spending my savings on a sleep aboard type boat for the time being due to the double whammy of tax changes for freelance workers coming in next April and the uncertain outlook .

I was pondering on a getting a smallish tender thing; with a view to pootling in and around Bristol harbour (see separate post in 'Bristol Channel forum about the practicalities of doing this).

I've found an advert for a bot that catches my eye.. nothing very special, under £2k, but think it would be fund - but it is Sandwich, and I am in Bristol. Can anyone recommend someone locally who I could check the boat out for me. NB: it doesnt warrant a survey - more interested in the mechanicals (eg. outboard, steering and throttle, batteries, fuel supply & trailer). I would of course pay for this.

Any help greatly appreciated.

regards
Darrell

mudkipper

Visit site
I'm currently boatless - and being freelance, I can see me spending my savings on a sleep aboard type boat for the time being due to the double whammy of tax changes for freelance workers coming in next April and the uncertain outlook .

I was pondering on a getting a smallish tender thing; with a view to pootling in and around Bristol harbour (see separate post in 'Bristol Channel forum about the practicalities of doing this).

I've found an advert for a bot that catches my eye.. nothing very special, under £2k, but think it would be fund - but it is Sandwich, and I am in Bristol. Can anyone recommend someone locally who I could check the boat out for me. NB: it doesnt warrant a survey - more interested in the mechanicals (eg. outboard, steering and throttle, batteries, fuel supply & trailer). I would of course pay for this.

regards
Darrell
Try Mick @ M & P Marine Services in Dover 07854904380
Whilst his business is in Dover he lives in Sandwich and worked on my Halmatic 30 when laid up in there. Also volunteered unasked for advice on items that would need attention shortly without touting for the business.
I have used him on many occasions, his work is very good, is an accomodating bloke and very helpful.
Good luck with your purchase.
If the boat is at Highway marine, they have an engineering side but don't expect anything done in a hurry in my experience. I would always use Mick!
Regards
John

Gemini

Visit site

regards
Darrell
Darrell

I live 9 miles from Sandwich, Not a Marine engineer but been around power boats for 35 years drop me a PM if I can assit.