Marinas reopening to visitors

arto

Visit site
Planning to head off on a cruise (south coast then around the corner and north) soon.

I assume that Falmouth Marina is pretty typical - closed to visitors at the moment, though they tell me they hope to reopen from May 17.

Anyone care to venture a view on whether marinas generally will be reopening then, or are there likely to be some holdouts?

Falmouth.jpg

Visitor & Overnight Berthing | South Coast Marinas | Premier Marinas

Under "Daily visitor berthing" it says:

This product won't be available for purchase until after restrictions are lifted. Please check back for updates.

BabySharkDooDooDooDooDoo

Visit site
Planning to head off on a cruise (south coast then around the corner and north) soon.

I assume that Falmouth Marina is pretty typical - closed to visitors at the moment, though they tell me they hope to reopen from May 17.

Anyone care to venture a view on whether marinas generally will be reopening then, or are there likely to be some holdouts?

View attachment 115342

Visitor & Overnight Berthing | South Coast Marinas | Premier Marinas

Under "Daily visitor berthing" it says:

This product won't be available for purchase until after restrictions are lifted. Please check back for updates.

Intriguing, that would explain why I had one of their marketing emails saying they look forward to welcoming people back 'next month' at the end of April.

Beaulieu have been open since the 12 April - Beaulieu River & Buckler's Hard Yacht Harbour - Coronavirus Statement
the same with Yarmouth - https://www.yarmouth-harbour.co.uk/...-final--12-april-2021-booklet-format-v1-4.pdf

When I was doing some similar planning last week I did notice that quite a few marinas hadn't updated their 'latest news' section for quite some time. So while it was all very interesting to see how each one had reacted to last year's restrictions there was very little to indicate their current intentions.

Some good news - Littlehampton's visitors pontoon was closed all last year but opened in April - Home - Littlehampton Harbour

lustyd

Visit site
Haslar had a bunch of visiting yachts the other weekend, and there have consistently been a couple of visitors every time I've been at the boat over the last month or so. From experience last year though, there's a difference between being allowed to visit marinas and being able to book a berth. Just turning up with no booking last year wasn't sensible in the Solent and I think a lot were turned away. Hopefully we'll see a return of rafting this year too. Don't get me wrong, I hate rafting, but it's better than not getting a space!

BabySharkDooDooDooDooDoo

Visit site
Just been speaking to a couple sailing out of Port Solent, apparently Premier are currently accepting visitors within thier group but not otherwise.

While not the fault of individual berth holders this approach does strike me as rather antisocial given they will no doubt taking advantage of places being less circumspect about such things

arto

Visit site
Premier has told me that all their marinas are open to visitors from Monday (May 17).

"all our Marinas will be accepting visitors from Monday" was the wording in their email. Seems pretty unequivocal to me.

Here's hoping that the third wave (or is the fourth?) doesn't cause another return to lockdown.