Maltese digital nomad visa

ryanroberts

Visit site
From a little research this looks rather tempting, their tax regime is very favourable if you can arrange non salaried payment - you need an income of 2.3k per month to qualify for the visa but there is no capital gains. Marinas look pricey.. Are there any regulatory / culture issues with liveaboard there?

Last edited:

sailaboutvic

Visit site
To answer you last two question .
There as far as I know and we are regular to Malta and have had three winters there over the years , no problem with liveaboards in Msida , Rolland , Manoel island, karkara or the newly build Valletta marina , not sure about the N&C marina but doubt it .
The problem is pricing ,
Cos they very little space they can charge what they like , last winter there was four years ago and for a 42 foot we paid 550 pm and we had to pay for at less three months .
Several Maltese boats now winter in Sicily .
The other side to this is there regular flights to the UK and there are cheap , we pick flight as low as €14 .
Bus to airport is a 35 min ride.
English is spoken every where .
Weather mild in the winter although we spend most of Oct sailing from one end of the island to the other to shelter from storms this year.
Part as easily brought and what you can't buy someone can make it.
Cost of living tho is higher then say Sicily .

Last edited:

ryanroberts

Visit site
550 / meter / month? That's going to eat the tax advantage quite quickly. Though I wonder what the time living there requirement for tax residency is, it doesn't come with a property requirement. Needs more research

sailaboutvic

Visit site
550 / meter / month? That's going to eat the tax advantage quite quickly. Though I wonder what the time living there requirement for tax residency is, it doesn't come with a property requirement. Needs more research
Ha ha no 550 per month ,
You still get the odd liveaboard wintering out there , but most now head for the two Sicilian marinas