Majoni fender valves

tony_lavelle

Visit site
Often these get ruined by misguided attempts to inflate the fender with a needle shaped pump adapter which damages the innards. They should be removed or inserted with an M3 screw. A few years ago I could buy these brass valves online for less than £1 each but I've used them all up now. Swindleries charge anything up to £25 each but the postage makes it extravagant to buy them that way. Can anyone suggest an economical way to but a half dozen or so of these?

RichardS

N/A
Visit site
I have two of the proper Majoni valve adaptors, one on the boat and one in the garage. They're only £5 each and avoid any damage to the valve. I seem to recall that when I pumped up a Majoni and didn't have the adaptor, I just pressed the pump nozzle hard against the fender and that worked OK as well.

Richard

rogerthebodger

Visit site
I find it handy to remove the valves both for deflation and inflation. Easy enough with a machine screw threaded in.

I di the same by just undoing the valve core from the tyre valve holder with a tyre valve key.

If the valve core gets damaged I just replace the core with an other.

rogerthebodger

Visit site
Is that a Schrader valve key? Are Schrader valves compatible with Majoni valves? They look very different although I've never tried to remove a Majoni valve.

Richard

No I take an old tubeless tyre valve and cut the big end down until I can force it into a fender after drilling he old valve out.

I then put some PVC weld of even bostik clear contact adhesive on the hole and around the rubber part of the valve body.

I then push it into the hole making sure I don't push the valve body completely through and allow it to set for some time {a week or 2).

I then clear out the thread and insert the valve core. A plastic cap then protects the hull from damage.

I try to keep the valve a far in the fender as possible.

Most tyre fitment centres just throw then away I got over 50 fro free just by asking.

HTB1o105X1L2gK0jSZPhq6yhvXXav.jpg_350x350.jpg

It amazing how many deflated fenders you can find where its only the valve is faulty.

Tis is also another possibility

HTB1xfdpaiYrK1Rjy0Fdq6ACvVXa8.jpg_350x350.jpg

One of these could also ke forced through and glued in place

57-406-20-x-2125-inch-inner-tube-with-schrader-valve.jpg

Or cut one from tyre tube.

Last edited by a moderator: