Lymington area forumite get-together 9th November

Status
Not open for further replies.

henryf

www.911virgin.com
Henry, you have to learn to spell! It is Go Sport. :D

And an Olympic torch venue !

The irony.......

Anyway, back on track is there any space left on the pontoon ?

I'm just doing the maths for getting down to the boat and across to Lymington tomorrow night. It might be too far but lack of pontoon space might save me doing the man maths.

Edited to say sadly not possible on this occasion. Dance lessons finish at 6.00pm - no not me you muppet, Miss Henryf. Won't be in Gosport until some time later :(

Henry :)

Last edited:

onesea

Visit site
Anchored in Newtown Creek, just a large HR and me.
Chicken Tikka Masala & rice for dinner with a bottle of white.
Generator on, heaters on, it could be the Med :D

Doh we missed a photo shoot, think it was you we saw going over towards Yarmouth then onwards? We where heading out to Needles for a Jolly,

We will be out for a play tomorrow AM have to be ashore by 2. If any one is in Lymington and fancies a sail we will be out around 9.30? PM Me.

If any one is sailing in and wants some photos taken again PM me, we are just out for another Jolly sadly cannot sail this weekend..

BlueSkyNick

Visit site
And an Olympic torch venue !

The irony.......

Anyway, back on track is there any space left on the pontoon ?

I'm just doing the maths for getting down to the boat and across to Lymington tomorrow night. It might be too far but lack of pontoon space might save me doing the man maths.

Edited to say sadly not possible on this occasion. Dance lessons finish at 6.00pm - no not me you muppet, Miss Henryf. Won't be in Gosport until some time later :(

Henry :)

That's a shame Henry, would have been good to meet up - maybe next time.

BlueSkyNick

Visit site
Up to date list at 2130, Thursday evening.

Confirmed Attendees so far:
moodyNick + 1
jonic + 1
Fergus +1
Krew2 + 1 (subject to family matters)
Colhel + 1
LadyinBed
Wandering Star + 1
Harpsden + 1
deuc02 +1
chrissie
Tranona
onesea + 1
crazy4557

Possibles
Powerskipper
Aigua
benjenbav
alant

If you are planning to eat, please try to get to the club before 8pm. Otherwise, anytime will do !!

Chrissie

Visit site
I am sat on my boat, but still in gosport, boat wouldnt start earlier, knew my battery wasnt holfing a charge well, so bought a starter battery, fitted it but engine still wont start :( at least I have beer and chocolate on board, might even go home and get some sleep before resuming my engine repairs in the daylight tomorrow, miss you all :(

BlueSkyNick

Visit site
Well it was a very pleasant evening - quite placid and sensible, until all the forumites had left and I got involved with some regular Friday night drinkers in the Club and it all went to pot!

SWMBO went home early because she was tired and had lots to do, and told me not to come home half-pissed so I didnt. Got way past that point !!

Maybe do it again in the spring when the weather is nicer and more people can come by boat.

Nick

alandee

Visit site
Lymington forum meet

A big THANK YOU to Nick for organising last night! It was good to put faces to names and talk with new people. It was also good to catch up with folks that I had met before. If a similar event is held in the spring then I will have to stay overnight as that Oyster black beer is just too good to sit and look at ... it has to be drunk in quantities. Very tasty!
A very good venue, with good food, although as the night went on there appeared to be more and more ferries coming at you from all directions! Was that the beer or the reflections in the windows?
Thank's once again.
Regards to all, Al.

Status
Not open for further replies.