Lost for 3 days

aslabend

Visit site
Might also like to state that we have a fella wandering the Devon / Dorset Coast plus further affield who buys up or just aquires derilect or abandoned small Yachts and sails them elsewhere often the rigs are somewhat cobbled together and the hulls showing much neglect etc ; think that although her might appear rather threatening at first, being tall and well built with a full beard, a tad abrupt when asking who owns that Craft as he has his eyes on it; those that have engaged in conversations with him say that he is OK just hankers for small Yachts to call his own and sails them wherever he can get away with it !
Maybe the same Fella ? or his twin Brother ?

He's not the Clarinet playing chap who spent the first lockdown in Newtown creek is it?
Blue hull, lots of fenders and a cannoe? His forestay was iffy to say the least .

Biggles Wader

Visit site
I got bored and sifted through the twitter comments under the article. Among all the usual ignorant bull from those who hadnt read the story or are just too stupid for words there are a couple of posts saying he sailed from the Humber on Jan 7th without settling his bill and was picked up off Dover on the 10th. So no drifting back and forth off Dover for three days. I dont expect he will get out of there without paying!

Adios

Visit site
A PLB might have been handy.
After more thought actually I think a PLB would be totally appropriate for someone drifting through busy shipping lanes with no lights or ability to alert shipping to his presence. Thats a life or death situation. If no other means of communication then seems totally legit. I expect he didn't have one anyway buts an interesting thought experiment.

Adios

Visit site
I got bored and sifted through the twitter comments under the article. Among all the usual ignorant bull from those who hadnt read the story or are just too stupid for words there are a couple of posts saying he sailed from the Humber on Jan 7th without settling his bill and was picked up off Dover on the 10th. So no drifting back and forth off Dover for three days. I dont expect he will get out of there without paying!
Ah there had to be more to this story didn't there.

oh dear.

So he gets near a harbour, feigns a distress, gets a free tow in, leaves without paying. He does look like he's down to his last Euros. Alcoholic according this one
An unfortunate later life for sure

Last edited: