Looking for Marine Electrician

BalticLady

Visit site
Hello,

I've just posted this in Live aboard link, but this thread would probably be more appropriate:

I am looking for a marine electrician, I am located in Burnham, Essex. If you know of someone give me a message and I'll be in contact.

This is one of the only jobs I don't feel confident in doing myself as I have 0 experience and would like my part wooden boat to not set on fire :)
I have asked the marina, but they are fully booked for a couple of months.

I am looking to set up:
-solar and wind which I have and have all the bits for
-inverter
-shore power which I have a kit for

I also think most of the electrics are close to being original, so a peak to let me know if anything needs replacing, as I'm not too sure about it. The set up is pretty rudimentary so hopefully it'd be less of a slog.

If you're the person for the job or know them, send me a message!

pvb

Visit site
Thanks guys! I will try and find now. This is a massive help!

As your original post said that you'd already bought most of the stuff, it would help any marine electrician if you listed all the stuff you want to use in your initial approach to them.

Dave1966

Visit site
I would highly recommend Paul Rainbow. He has done a lot of work on my boat. His knowledge and quality of work was outstanding

NealB

Visit site
I made a similar enquiry on this forum a few months ago.

It was good to meet Paul, and he did very tidy rewiring jobs on our internal and external instrument panels.

Daydream believer

Visit site
There is a guy whose workshop is on one of the trading estates around Southminster/Burnham. He did some work for me some years ago & often turns up at Bradwell. Ask at one of the clubs, or the yacht harbour & they will give you his contact. I do NOT mean A.....rne Marine:rolleyes: