Looking for Crew Opportunites - NW England -

Indigoed

Visit site
Hi folks

I am looking for any skippers who would be prepared to take me on board and show me the ropes.

At 48yrs old I might be considered mature and possibly could be deemed a late starter into the sailing world.

I have almost no experience but am a quick and keen learner.

I am looking at building some miles over the coming months with a view to being able to gather enough experience to attend the RYA Day Skipper Course next spring.

I live near to Fleetwood but am prepared to travel any reasonable distance.

Hope this finds a kindly skipper willing to break in a novice.

Thanks for reading.

Amscerp

Visit site
Hello

I see you did not get any replies to your post.

I am in the same situation as you, and I have just got my first boat.
It is in Maryport, and I was wondering if it was possible to get a Skipper to help me and my friends get it to the South of England?

Richard10002

Visit site
Hi folks

I am looking for any skippers who would be prepared to take me on board and show me the ropes.

At 48yrs old I might be considered mature and possibly could be deemed a late starter into the sailing world.

I have almost no experience but am a quick and keen learner.

I am looking at building some miles over the coming months with a view to being able to gather enough experience to attend the RYA Day Skipper Course next spring.

I live near to Fleetwood but am prepared to travel any reasonable distance.

Hope this finds a kindly skipper willing to break in a novice.

Thanks for reading.

Given that you have had no replies, you could consider doing a Competent Crew Course over 5 days or so. This should give you the miles to do the DS Course.

"Strictly speaking, as a bare minimum, candidates looking to take the 5-day RYA Day Skipper practical course must be at least 16 years of age and have at least 5 days on-the-water sailing experience including 4 night hours and 100 miles logged. "

scotty123

Visit site
Hello

I see you did not get any replies to your post.

I am in the same situation as you, and I have just got my first boat.
It is in Maryport, and I was wondering if it was possible to get a Skipper to help me and my friends get it to the South of England?
What boat & what wages are you prepared to pay.