• REMINDER - COVID-19

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as YBW, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health and liberty is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Users who are found to promulgate FAKE NEWS on the forum in regard to this issue, intentional or otherwise, may find their access terminated. It is your responsibility to provide references to bona fide sources.

FAKE NEWS, in this regard, is that which is posited by organisations, media, etc., that is repeated on the forum, or used to support personal opinion/hypothesis posted by users - FAKE NEWS is not necessarily the personal opinion/hypothesis being posted in itself, any issues with such should be challenged respectfully.

Looking for a teacher!

Nosealegsyet

Looking for someone in Spain, (Mar Menor im moored) with plenty of experience so that I can learn from to become better at driving my boat.Im out there in a couple of weeks time, if anyone one is up for it, please let me know, and how much you will charge, thanks Karen

powerskipper

Look on the RYA web site for a school near you. lots of people can drive boat very well but not all can explain how to do it. So an instructor for a day will give you the confidence to go and play on your own.

Nosealegsyet

Look on the RYA web site for a school near you. lots of people can drive boat very well but not all can explain how to do it. So an instructor for a day will give you the confidence to go and play on your own.
But there are crap teachers too......they are paid to teach, but have no idea.....Ive always found you find more stuff out from someone who has a lot of passion about boats.

longjohnsilver

But there are crap teachers too......they are paid to teach, but have no idea.....Ive always found you find more stuff out from someone who has a lot of passion about boats.
To be fair, most instructors are also boat nuts. They wouldn’t be doing the job otherwise.
Id help you out if I could, now on my way to Altea, so quite a distance away. We spent a very pleasant few weeks by the Mar Menor 4 years ago, overlooking the marina Tomas Nostre(?).

NGM

Looking for someone in Spain, (Mar Menor im moored) with plenty of experience so that I can learn from to become better at driving my boat.Im out there in a couple of weeks time, if anyone one is up for it, please let me know, and how much you will charge, thanks Karen
Send me a PM with your dates and I’ll give you a couple of good options. I’m also there in a couple of weeks if you want some general help with navigating the Mar Menor and surrounds.