• REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as YBW, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health and liberty is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Users who are found to promulgate FAKE NEWS on the forum in regard to this issue, intentional or otherwise, may find their access terminated. It is your responsibility to provide references to bona fide sources.

FAKE NEWS, in this regard, is that which is posited by organisations, media, etc., that is repeated on the forum, or used to support personal opinion/hypothesis posted by users - FAKE NEWS is not necessarily the personal opinion/hypothesis being posted in itself, any issues with such should be challenged respectfully.

Looking for a sail

teo

Hi guys,

Recently got into the world of sailing with my wife. I've read two Day Skipper books, watched thousands of videos and ready to start learning. No practical experience and will be happy if anyone is looking for day sailing (weekends preferably) with young unexperienced and eager to learn couple. Don't have any equipment and happy to cover all the expenses (food, fuel, drinks).

Please let me know if there are any experienced skippers that want to share their much appreciated knowledge and enjoy time spent with us.

Forum Moderation Team
Welcome to the forums.

I suggest you say where you are located.

Moderator.

teo

I'm really sorry about that, didn't realise that I've missed that. My location is London, UK.

scotty123

Hi guys,

Recently got into the world of sailing with my wife. I've read two Day Skipper books, watched thousands of videos and ready to start learning. No practical experience and will be happy if anyone is looking for day sailing (weekends preferably) with young unexperienced and eager to learn couple. Don't have any equipment and happy to cover all the expenses (food, fuel, drinks).

Please let me know if there are any experienced skippers that want to share their much appreciated knowledge and enjoy time spent with us.
Reading 2 books, doesn't make you a Day Skipper, why not go for a weekend with a sailing school.

Stuwy

i don't think he was implying that he was a day skipper, as he said "ready to start learning". and even calling himself inexperienced.

Anyway OP, DM me if interested, I a have a sailing boat 50 min from London direct by train.

Aurai

Hi, if you can get to Rochester and the Medway, I am sure we could get you on the water, season yet to start, but planning now and looking for crew. Cheers

STOL71

Try Greenwich Yacht Club, 10 mins walk from North Greenwich station on the Jubilee Line.

Captain Bru

i don't think he was implying that he was a day skipper, as he said "ready to start learning". and even calling himself inexperienced.

Anyway OP, DM me if interested, I a have a sailing boat 50 min from London direct by train.
Hey Stuwy.
I am also looking for sailing opportunities.
would you be interested?
Fair winds

Stuwy

Hey Stuwy.
I am also looking for sailing opportunities.
would you be interested?
Fair winds
Always happy to meet new people, will be interesting at the moment with covid but i am sure we can make something work.

I'll send you a direct message.