Looking for a floating two bedroom apartment with good sea views

JB

Visit site
Flopper stoppers are good at counterracting the rolling of the boat.. but they are a pain to set up. You need 2, ideally 3 people to do it. You need to be able to keep the plate somewhere where it can easily be found otherwise it is not worth your while setting it up if you are at anchor for a few hours. We only use it when at anchor for a few days minimum!

westernman

www.devalk.nl
Or pretty much anything else TBH. Fuel is a very small proportion of my annual costs.
(y)

True but the French tax (DAFN) on boats includes a tax on the hull length and one on the engines.

A pair of CAT C12s will cost 4500 Euros per year tax for the engines alone.
A pair of Volvo D4s will cost 1012 Euros per year for the engines.

The tax is calculated from the cylinder capacity and has higher rates for bigger engines. A pair of CAT C12 squeezes (just if my calculations are right) into the 50-99 CV class (I make it 98CV). Which is 50 euros per CV. 100 CV and above it is 60 euros per CV. The first 5 CV are free if under 100CV.

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
(y)

True but the French tax (DAFN) on boats includes a tax on the hull length and one on the engines.

A pair of CAT C12s will cost 4500 Euros per year tax for the engines alone.
A pair of Volvo D4s will cost 1012 Euros per year for the engines.

The tax is calculated from the cylinder capacity and has higher rates for bigger engines. A pair of CAT C12 squeezes (just if my calculations are right) into the 50-99 CV class (I make it 98CV). Which is 50 euros per CV. 100 CV and above it is 60 euros per CV. The first 5 CV are free if under 100CV.
Really? Wow I didn't know that. Is that for Fr registered boats? Or all boats that are kept in Fr?

westernman

www.devalk.nl
Really? Wow I didn't know that. Is that for Fr registered boats? Or all boats that are kept in Fr?
All boats (regardless of flag of registery) kept anywhere in the world by anyone who is either French (even if not resident in France if I read things right) or a French resident and all boats which are French flagged.

TwoHooter

Visit site
Brought that around from Antibes to UK about 2008 for the new UK owner. Domestic systems ran off a large inverter; you knew that the kettle had boiled because the radar stabilised again :)
westernman has already turned this boat down, but that post has stuck in my mind and I hope that nobody would be put off buying it because of a defect that could easily be fixed if it hasn't been fixed already. I've passed Moby Dick on the Hamble a few times and it always looked good.
The Nordhavn Europe website says 'VAT paid' but the Yachtworld listing says 'European VAT paid' - I wonder if they were able to position it in Europe at the witching hour and then brought it back to the UK.