Looking for a commercially endorsed skipper on Thames (paid)

Gedimin

Visit site
Might be a long shot, but is anyone aware of some secret marketplace where I can find a commercially endorsed motorboat skipper with LKE? (local knowledge on Thames) I might need one on a short term basis (2-3 months) next year. Or feel free just to recommend someone if you have such a friend.

Uricanejack

Visit site
You could try various crew site’s . I think there is even one here.

I don’t do recruitment myself. At one time we got all the unsolicited applications we needed. Today the world has changed.
Those who do the recruitment put adverts on popular web sites. More so than the local paper.
kijji and Craig’s list and Linkedin.

Or contact a crew agency. Giving details of what you require.
A crewing agent will usually have a list of crew.

if you are looking for an experienced commercial skipper particularly local experience your best bet is to advertise locally.
The good ones are probably already working.

Sharky34

Visit site
Might be a long shot, but is anyone aware of some secret marketplace where I can find a commercially endorsed motorboat skipper with LKE? (local knowledge on Thames) I might need one on a short term basis (2-3 months) next year. Or feel free just to recommend someone if you have such a friend.
Is this tidal or non tidal?

oldgit

Visit site
Worth contacting the companies who run trip boats on the Thames.
Suspect a few skippers will be twiddling their thumbs for quite a while yet. ?
Doubt the overseas tourists will be rushing back over next 12 months or that clipper traffic will be back to normal.
On our trip through the city (pre Hammersmith) it was like a ghost town, no trip boats and only two clippers during entire transit.
Did manage to get told off for impeding passage of one of the clippers.

Last edited:

Gedimin

Visit site
Worth contacting the companies who run trip boats on the Thames.
Suspect a few skippers will be twiddling their thumbs for quite a while yet. ?
Doubt the overseas tourists will be rushing back over next 12 months or that clipper traffic will be back to normal.
On our trip through the city (pre Hammersmith) it was like a ghost town, no trip boats and only two clippers during entire transit.
Did manage to get told off for impeding passage of one of the clippers.
I would be glad to have someone from that pool, but it feels a bit strange to contact those companies in order to headhunt their crew