Looking for a boat (yard).

burgundyben

Visit site
Ahoy East Coasters.

I would very much like my next boat to be a Fairey Marine Bulldog, its a 32 displacement motorboat, big open cockpit, wheelhouse and small cabin up front, coupe of pictures below. There is very few of them.

One in particular, a boat called Optimist, was sold a few years back to a Mr Goodman in Essex. The story goes that Mr Goodman and his 2 sons owned and ran a boatyard.

Anybody know the boat or yard?

Fairey_Bulldog_Optimist.jpg

Keith 66

Visit site
If i am not mistaken that photo was taken at Halcons yard, Smallgains creek, Canvey Island, the large shelter to the right stands just outside the concrete seawall. I had a close call in that very spot while working on a Contessa 38, up a rickety step ladder with a 9" grinder doing some heavy grinding, ladder went over & as i fell i threw the grinder into a pile of tarps. I landed ok & so did the grinder!

Flynnbarr

Visit site
Nice looking boats,liked the white hulled one you put a pic of on another forum.
Blue hulled one called Falcon sold at Essex boatyards recently(year or so?)

burgundyben

Visit site
Nice looking boats,liked the white hulled one you put a pic of on another forum.
Blue hulled one called Falcon sold at Essex boatyards recently(year or so?)

Yes, that's Falcon, perhaps should have bought her. She a twin engine, I think there might only be two like that. Sold to a charity in Portsmouth Harbour to use taking kids out to sailing boats, they had a little incident which necessitated a bit of a rebuild, local Portsmouth industries did it for them. We had an article in the most recent Fairey News about her.

I'd like to buy the one in Scotland on Gumtree, been to see it, its in a right state, can't agree a price with the owner.

burgundyben

Visit site
Yes, that's Falcon, perhaps should have bought her. She a twin engine, I think there might only be two like that. Sold to a charity in Portsmouth Harbour to use taking kids out to sailing boats, they had a little incident which necessitated a bit of a rebuild, local Portsmouth industries did it for them. We had an article in the most recent Fairey News about her.

I'd like to buy the one in Scotland on Gumtree, been to see it, its in a right state, can't agree a price with the owner.

Trawling back through my previous posts to find a particular thing, but stumbled across this, and thought to comment that I did buy the boat in Scotland a year later!