Lockdown scrote

Vanquishv12

Visit site
With my HR 53 in Dartmouth,(185 miles away) and not allowed to stay overnight, I decided today to put my RIB in Chichester Marina for a month so that we can enjoy teaching our Black Lab Puppy all about water.
launch at 09.30, return at 14.00 to take trailer home, and it’s been nicked! Some unmentionable drove thru Security barrier, unhitched trailer, put my reg plate on my screen, and then drive out thru security barrier!
Marina has CCTV, detail of camper van, and reg number which has now been viewed by police, who are taking this all very seriously .
if anyone is offered a trailer for a 7 metre RIB, at a good price, please let me know.
not a good day

Biggles Wader

Visit site
That is outrageous. Have you got a better description of the campervan and a reg number? Not a very common vehicle so someone might know it

PhillM

Visit site
Wow that’s terrible. Share what details you can ... boating is a small community and I’m sure people will keep an eye out.

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Hi, are you Bob from Alter Ego? What are the police actually doing to recover your trailer? There are some real scrotes around, hope you get it back soon.

Vanquishv12

Visit site
Hi, are you Bob from Alter Ego? What are the police actually doing to recover your trailer? There are some real scrotes around, hope you get it back soon.
Yup, I’m Rob with Alter Ego, and really pi..ed off right now!
Scrote drove a metallic blue camper van reg no LT12XBS. It’s MOT’d but not taxed and police have put a ANPR on the vehicle
trailer is a two wheeled Brenderup , with light blue mudguards.
Does anyone want to buy a 6.3 metre picton Cobra rib with. 200hp 2 stroke Yamaha without trailer Afloat in Chichester Yacht Basin?
(btw John, I see Dart are compensating owners who couldn't get back to their berth! Have you really gone?)

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Yup, I’m Rob with Alter Ego, and really pi..ed off right now!
Scrote drove a metallic blue camper van reg no LT12XBS. It’s MOT’d but not taxed and police have put a ANPR on the vehicle
trailer is a two wheeled Brenderup , with light blue mudguards.
Does anyone want to buy a 6.3 metre picton Cobra rib with. 200hp 2 stroke Yamaha without trailer Afloat in Chichester Yacht Basin?
(btw John, I see Dart are compensating owners who couldn't get back to their berth! Have you really gone?)
Hi Rob. Yes we’ve gone, sadly. HM was extremely unhelpful when I contacted him about our problem of not being able to move Eos back. Insisted we paid almost in full for a years berth holiday to retain the berth for next year. In the meantime we were stuck in Sutton Harbour and it seemed only right to pay them for being there. So no more river Dart.
Seems were both p1ssed off at the moment. I hope you get your trailer back. Hopefully see you on the water some time soon.

Vanquishv12

Visit site
Sorry to hear that John. Where will our scallops come from now?

Our trailer! It’s been returned!! Arrived at Yacht Basin and there it was! Apparently someone mistook our trailer for his, even though it was attached to my car and parked securely . This stinks and I’m leaving police to do their stuff

ProDave

Alness / Black Isle Northern Scottish Highlands.
Visit site

Our trailer! It’s been returned!! Arrived at Yacht Basin and there it was! Apparently someone mistook our trailer for his, even though it was attached to my car and parked securely . This stinks and I’m leaving police to do their stuff
I am glad to hear you got it back.

I suspect the "mistaken trailer" is his attempt to get off with a caution from the old bill?

sailorbenji

Visit site
Didn't you say they took your number plate off it too? Unbelievable, glad you got it back but hope the police don't buy the story.

longjohnsilver

Visit site

Great news about your trailer! We’ll still be calling in to Dartmouth but not doing quite so much diving these days, too busy elsewhere.

Visit site
See, I'm old school but I'd just deal with this with a double tap between the eyes. They wouldn't do it again and after a very short time for the realisation to sink in, neither would anyone else.

DownWest

Visit site
See, I'm old school but I'd just deal with this with a double tap between the eyes. They wouldn't do it again and after a very short time for the realisation to sink in, neither would anyone else.
Really? How do you judge the severity of a crime on your own and then met out a death sentence on your slant? Idiot, or worse...