Lock closures from 1st of November "TBC"

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
The dates are the end stop window during which the works are planned to take place. Contractors are currently being asked to submit firm proposals following which the EA will award contracts and be able to provide specific dates. Im seeking early clarification but I think you can assume closures will not happen without further notice.

TrueBlue

Visit site
From the outside ( = ordinary boaters) it may seem to be a B--- 's muddle, but at least the EA has raised a flag above the parapet -
Be afraid,
Be very afraid.

Who moves any distance in the 'winter' ? Only thos folk who are mebe not loved by this forum.

Methinks the schedule has changed thrice this week - some chanhes bad for me others not.
Easy to criticise but if 'you' were EA management shackled by due process what would you do.
I'd give them some slack. Somebody in there (Where doe EA Thames folk live nowadays) is trying to help - but the RULES are against all-of-us
Doomed
Doomed
Doomed
Dinna Fash - at least you're not flooded (yet)

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
Having been moored on a field for the last two winters which flooded enough to row my dinghy I must say I rather like the flooding !

I was just posting as may need to move a boat and the TBC thing piqued my interest in terms of how much notice might be given.

Not a moan at all. Having spent the summer on the lovely Thames I have very few things to complain about when it comes to the EA. In fact I am full of praise.