Local upholstery service South Wales

afficionado

Visit site
Hi you helpful folks - is there anybody who can recommend a good local upholstery service, please?
I live in South Wales and need to have all the cushions in my yacht re-upholstered (27 foot sailing yacht, traditional layout). I am hoping to keep the original foam cushions.
Thank you for any help and thoughts you can offer.

Temujin

Visit site
Sarah Maddison based in South Glos did these. Can forward a number if interested.

Attachments

• EADEC807-C9B6-4E36-9FF3-833229D4AF7E.jpeg
    EADEC807-C9B6-4E36-9FF3-833229D4AF7E.jpeg
    79.7 KB · Views: 13

WoodyP

Visit site
There's Cleddau Marine Upholstery based at East Llanion Boat yard. Possibly a bit closer for you than Gloucestershire. I haven't needed them myself, but I think they have a good reputation.

graham

Visit site
I would see if there's a furniture upholsterer in a town close to you.

Especially if you are reusing the foam there's no special skills required that a furniture upholsterer doesn't have .

afficionado

Visit site
Thank you. I will contact one and make a comparison with a marine upholsterer. I have been warned by others that anything with 'marine' in the name raises the cost substantially, so this might turn out to be very valuable advice indeed :)

graham

Visit site
There was an upholsterer in Holton Rd Barry but he was getting on a bit when I last used him for a boat mattress so may be retired.I will have a look in the next day or two.

graham

Visit site
The firm is still there and have a website if you Google on N Phillips South Wales upholstery.

I can't really vouch for them as it was probably 30 years ago I got a berth cushion made . It was well made and stood up to lots of use.

donm

Visit site
I replaced all of my bunks two years ago - about 24 units in total. I bought the material and foam from Bridgend Fabrics on the Industrial Estate and they put me in touch with a man and wife team who made them up. I gave them the originals as a pattern. Very pleased with the quality and price and the people in Bridgend Fabrics were super helpful.