Liveaboard UK passport holder with Italian wife - Schengen 90/180 rule

atol

Visit site
Seeing so many Ukrainians in Portugal, I thought they were members. Oh well, will have to look elsewhere :)

Quick Google says - Some EU countries treat civil and registered partnerships in the same way as they treat married couples. In this case, you should check the applicable residence rights and conditions for spouses.
Could be Ukaranians are marrying EU citizens for their EU passport!

Will run the idea past the wife first about the second wife........before further action......

BurnitBlue

Visit site
Thanks nortada. Seems my posts this morning seemed more depressing than I intended, so thank you for cheering me up. I did not intend being miserable despite the miserable news this morning. Many Swedes are reported to be mighty angry with the EU regarding hardly any available vaccine to share around the member states. There is opinion thst the German vaccine jumped the gun for commercial reasons, which answers why they are not geared up for maximum dose distribution. There is one Swedish doctor that surmises that Covid is following the trend of other Corona virus like flu and common cold with strains dying out naturally to be replaced by varients and mutations needing a modified vaccine to keep up.

I hope this never happens as it will effect sailing outside ones own country because it may be possible to fly out to the boat but will impede getting back if the virus mutates while away. Some form of this is actually happening right now.

Anyway, I really appreciate your kind words and cheering me up. Although this post does not seem to indicate that it has worked yet. There is even talk that Sweden will be the first after Brexit to apply for Article 50.

Kelpie

Visit site
Could be Ukaranians are marrying EU citizens for their EU passport!

Will run the idea past the wife first about the second wife........before further action......

Sounds like a great idea but, much like with boats, having more than one could prove very expensive.

atol

Visit site
Sounds like a great idea but, much like with boats, having more than one could prove very expensive.
Benefits might offset the added expense,and you could always send them both out to work!
I might even be able to get a full nights sleep if they split the night watch............
And the wife would always have someone else to take shopping

Other threads that may be of interest