Lights

LadyInBed

montymariner.co.uk
Re: Fit a masthead strobe

I have a nice blue strobe on my mizzen, courtesy of the intruder alarm that was fitted. I've never thought of using it in this type of situation, I wonder what the other party would think post Sept 11?
Call me a coward, but I just keep out of their way.
Happy New Year

MartinGPerry

Visit site
Re: Fit a masthead strobe

There is at least one inshore fishing boat operating out of Yarmouth IOW that uses a flashing orange light when fishing in the Solent, it caused us some concern when we arrived very late one night last season. We only realised what it was when it passed us entering harbour.
I have also seen stationary and slow moving flashing orange lights in mid-channel but never saw what vessel they were on
Martin

chas

Visit site
Thanks to all who have responded. Maybe the strobe is a better idea. I will see if I can find one which is weather proof. I take the point about the radar enhancer - maybe next Xmas!

kingfisher

Visit site
In his face

If I have to use my aldis lamp, because I fear that he hasn't seen me, I'm going to put it right in his face. If he missed my nav lights, he certainly isn't going see the reflection of the lamp in my sails.

And don't start about night vision. When you shine the light in your sails, it's you that loses your night vision. So if one party is going to be blinded, I rather it were him.

Obi-Wan