Lenco trim tabs .

Seastoke

Visit site
So just been checking the tabs they sound like they Off motors port side only moves with help . So if it’s caput, can you A change them in the water they are below water line , B is it quick lift and change and would you change both at same time . Does anyone know who is agent , also What position would it be best left in until I replace .

Hurricane

Visit site
I don't think you can leave them in a set position.
Mine "motor" back up when the power switch is turned off.
So, unless they are completely ?uggered, they will be trying to motor up when switched off.

There is no way that I could (or would) replace them in the water.
There is a wire that feeds back into the boat through a gland and you will need to replace or service the gland when you replace the motor.

Lenco make lots of different variants so you will need to find the model number that you have and try and get the same.
For example, there are 24v or 12v options and the length is crucial..
IIRC, I have seen reports where people have taken them apart and repaired them but, believe me, that is a real faff.

Actually, Lenco motors are really rubbish - (in fact complete carp)
I was going to replace mine with Bennett until I was given an eye wateringly high price from Bennett so I stuck with Lenco.
Bennett wanted much more than replacement motors from Lenco.
So, I ended up buying lots of Lenco spares and still saving over replacing with Bennett.

There is a little trick - if you get lucky with the part numbers.
Lenco have a kit that they sell to encourage you to replace Bennett Tabs.
The kit is about half price so you get two motors for the price of one.
And then trow away all the extra stuff.

I think the best prices are from the USA but there was a very helpful guy in the UK when I last bought some spare brackets.
I could dig his name out if you like.

Finally, the little brackets break easily and they are expensive to replace.
Be aware that the cheaper (and more available) brackets have a small curve on the back and are no use in most cases.

Here are some pics of mine - they might help.

DSC04857.resized.JPG

But, I do have some interesting photos of Lenco boxes that may be helpful with the part numbers.
You can see the part numbers on the side of the box

IMG_0155.resized.JPG

Here is a closer up view

IMG_0162.resized.JPG

And this is the box that the double motor kit came in:-
The part number is in the pic.

20191127_102321.resized.jpg

Jon4468

Visit site
So just been checking the tabs they sound like they Off motors port side only moves with help . So if it’s caput, can you A change them in the water they are below water line , B is it quick lift and change and would you change both at same time . Does anyone know who is agent , also What position would it be best left in until I replace .
I read recently that the motor in them can be matched to a certain cordless drill, apparently there’s a guy on line somewhere that has put a lot of time into cross referencing the components.

Seastoke

Visit site
Thanks for replies , I have the hand book but it does not say model, I don’t know if they came from sealine factory from new .

LBRodders

Visit site
The problem is the cost of lift out chocked up repair ,lift back in , then if it’s a shit repair , back to square one .

Sad news stokes!

I think you are right, if you are going to get them sorted then you need peace of mind that they are 100% sorted.

How much does the current issue affect the boat when she's planing?

Hurricane

Visit site
Sad news stokes!

I think you are right, if you are going to get them sorted then you need peace of mind that they are 100% sorted.

How much does the current issue affect the boat when she's planing?
My trim tabs make ?ugger all difference.
Well, certainly not worth a special lift just to fix them.
Do the job when you next lift and run without them in the meantime.

BruceK

Visit site

Roy's boat does actually have legs but it looks like it planes like a SD hull does and I cant see trim tabs making that much difference either apart from minor lateral trim

Seastoke

Visit site
Well a genuine actuator is £225 happy with that , but a lift and hold in the slings for 1 hour £467 so it’s going to wait.

BruceK

Visit site
Well a genuine actuator is £225 happy with that , but a lift and hold in the slings for 1 hour £467 so it’s going to wait.

How much do you trust me? :p :p :p There is a lip before the bank steepens to a 25-30 degree slope that will clear your p-brackets in sand covered silt that when wet will be calf deep ooze as you walk through it that hardens as the water drains out to support the boat like it was on the hard. Perfect for the quick job between tides. We just mark out the landing with bamboo poles the tide before for a precision landing.

IBPzwJP.jpg

Rjs1s0u.jpg

BruceK

Visit site
Or you could do it at Aber in the silt on the northern bank of the pool and 2.5 foot of supporting water during a spring low.

Seastoke

Visit site
@LBRodders watch him pucker and twitch as the dilemma between trust and opening his wallet comes into play ?
How much do you trust me? :p :p :p There is a lip before the bank steepens to a 25-30 degree slope that will clear your p-brackets in sand covered silt that when wet will be calf deep ooze as you walk through it that hardens as the water drains out to support the boat like it was on the hard. Perfect for the quick job between tides. We just mark out the landing with bamboo poles the tide before for a precision landing.

IBPzwJP.jpg

Rjs1s0u.jpg
No chance I have seen you fixing your boat with bamboo sticks , you would put a voodoo on it ,

Mr Googler

Visit site
I’ve got a trailer you can borrow that would be fine for your boat Seacock. Sealine only use the thinest fibre glass so weighs less than mine no doubt ?

597E3A88-CA19-4CE5-A2A0-80BBAF77A650.jpeg