Leg2 is go.

Fantasie 19

Visit site
Hero to zero in one night.... blew it just before I rounded Mauritius - was in 23rd (!) for a while then got up the next morning and I was in 400th+ - got headed by a wind change... :p

All well... here's to leg 3, and congrats to those who came in at the front of the YBW fleet.... :D

Whitelighter

Visit site
I ascrewed it up by actually thinking the in game weather forcast would pan out.

Went East to run round with predicted winds for the main fleet to be bang on the nose for about 3 days. With experience in the last race I wanted to avoid that, only to find in fact the wind was perfect for the normal line and I got screwed over.

Well done the the leading YBWers, but I dont see how you all 'knew' where to go as the in game weather seems to be consistently bollox

fireball

Visit site
but I dont see how you all 'knew' where to go as the in game weather seems to be consistently bollox

yup - I was consistently lucky - until the penultimate section as we entered the gulf ... then got stuck with 0 wind ...

The break came from the first dive south to miss the predicted headwinds round the 2nd mark .. SWMBO stayed close to the line and lost out quite a bit ...

sarabande

Visit site
I'm going to award myself the barbecue cup for this leg - three times !

And to think that I sailed in the Gulf for ten years !

Martin_J

Visit site
I tend to print out (about four screenshots to a page), the wind at +6 hour intervals up until the end of the forecast... You end up with a lot of pages.. then draw on the first sheet about 3 different courses and which way they would take me (for each of the six hours.. it tends to narrow down the options quite quickly... It gives me something more interesting than my Cisco revision to do on the train in the mornings (and evenings)..

It's swings and roundabouts when you miss a forecast (or a bad DC).. because sometimes they make your position worse.... sometimes you can be lucky...
Fair winds.. ybw_mjm

Well done all... right through Christmas and New Year as well..

pendlecats

Visit site
:) A bit of fun, pity I missed the start this year, but had some competition towards the end close to some of you especially Whitelighter, even after I lost 14hrs going back and round mark 3 (followed by Sara).