Leg2 is go.

pendlecats

Visit site
agreed the weather is , umm, inconsistent.

It makes an interesting result for all the members of the rearguard, keeping almost perfect station N to S !

That looks remarkably similar to my guy's track, as I set off for the company Xmas party early Friday am. just got back, not proving very fruitful at the Mo though,,,

Martin_J

Visit site
Wake me up when I get back to Portsmouth.. On the train at the moment (falling asleep) and just managed to log in to check.. Looks like double and triple checking the DC this morning was worthwhile..
There still appear to be a few huges areas of no wind ahead... Very little wind sometimes.. It looks to be an interesting Thursday for the first of these..

fireball

Visit site
Typically ... after all these days of minor tweaks we're coming up to the interesting part ... and I'm not going to be online to make the changes!!

sarabande

Visit site
don't go anywhere near me ! I have offended the wind gods again, and am now faced with a tight beat to Pirate 3.:mad:

Martin_J

Visit site
One boat earlier in the week went back six hours to round a mark.. then realised he had actually rounded it the previous day..

Fireball.. you're not the only one away from PC for a while now.. New Years Eve tomorrow so I'm off out early Saturday morning.. could be back anytime on 1st or 2nd.... DCs will be set to take me round the corner.. I hope!

Happy New Year to all.. Rgds ybw_mjm

Martin_J

Visit site
Well done Alistairr..... New Year's Eve didn't help with tacking around Musandam but it was a great Celebration on Embankment whilst leaving SOL on DCs..

Fair winds to all... ybw_mjm

fireball

Visit site
yup well done ...

and to Martin .. few days ago I thought I might have you there - especially with you away over NY ... but so was I and I cocked up a few DCs ... then ran aground ... and I don't know what happened again last night - but lost a few places that I'd previously pulled back .. looks like 81st for me ...

Spyro

Visit site
Thanks all. I could sleep for a week now. :D

Not sure I can make it a hat trick but I'll try.

Cheers
Al.

That's good cos you've got until 14th Jan before the next leg. Let's hope it's easier getting out of the gulf than it was getting in.