Lawling Creek Moorings

seafox67

Visit site
Hi

I have been looking at the Blackwater marina moorings on Lawling Creek for next years sailing season.

Has anyone heard any bad things about this area? Also, does it dry out?

Cheers
Paul

seafox67

Visit site
No and Yes

Depends how far up the creek you are.

Few years back had a half tide mooring about two thirds of the way up.
Thanks for your reply... I've just got word from the marina that it is half tide.

How did you find the area when you were there? Is it peaceful? easy to park car? much rough water?

I haven't used a drying mooring before but I guess my 31ft bilge keel was designed for that! lol

Cheers
Paul

johnalison

Visit site
We had a mooring in Maylandsea creek for many years. We had a 5’ fin on a Sadler 29 at the time. Our mooring was fairly well down towards where the creeks join and we put a few inches into the mud on spring lows. A friend with a 6’ keel had a little more water higher up round the bend. We could just about get our dinghy up to the yard at LW neaps. It was a lovely spot before the Romford navy arrived.

seafox67

Visit site
We had a mooring in Maylandsea creek for many years. We had a 5’ fin on a Sadler 29 at the time. Our mooring was fairly well down towards where the creeks join and we put a few inches into the mud on spring lows. A friend with a 6’ keel had a little more water higher up round the bend. We could just about get our dinghy up to the yard at LW neaps. It was a lovely spot before the Romford navy arrived.

What's the Romford Navy? lol