Large-format television on super yacht - What are the best entertainment systems for yacht cruises you know?

hangingtree

Visit site
Hey guys, I hope everything is fine with you! :) Any tech geeks out there? :D I am always looking for the latest gadgets on the market, because I am very passionate about technology. But that does not mean that I need to have every new technical gadget at home … To me it’s pretty interesting to read about new gadgets and learn about new technologies and so.

A few days ago, there was a documentary about super yachts on television and you could see how such mega yachts look like from the inside. They had technologies on board that I didn’t even know they existed…it was really impressing!! At least to me who has never been on such a big yacht... :) Basically everything on those yachts was absolute high end and made of technical excellence – and the design was stunning!

Does anyone of you have some recommendations about such documentaries? Just tell me if you know some! :D I enjoy watching documentaries like these (also series on big properties!) – I would appreciate that! I also did some research on the internet and looked for such documentaries...I only found a few clips, for example where there was a huge TV on a yacht (
just for fun…I hope you like it! :))

I just wonder…Has anyone of you already been on one of those super yachts and got to see such cool things? Maybe one of you has even worked on one of those yachts? What was the coolest features you have ever seen? Do you remember anything special?

I am looking forward to reading your answers. :) Thanks in advance! :)

hangingtree

Visit site
Hey John_Morris_uk, thanks for the quick answer! :)

Why do most people who work on superyachts sign confidentiality agreements? Now I wonder what is really happening on those yachts hahaha…Ok, it's clear that you have to sign a contract with your employer and nothing should be disclosed... that is the case with many companies...But one should be allowed to talk about such technical gadgets, aren’t you?

What did you do on such super yachts? Did you work there? I would be happy if you could tell me more about it. Sure, life is much more than bling and high end gadgets, but I'm sure you had great experiences in other areas too? Maybe you have visited some great places? Swimming with dolphins? Anything special you have experienced... :)

john_morris_uk

yachtserendipity.wordpress.com
Hey John_Morris_uk, thanks for the quick answer! :)

Why do most people who work on superyachts sign confidentiality agreements? Now I wonder what is really happening on those yachts hahaha…Ok, it's clear that you have to sign a contract with your employer and nothing should be disclosed... that is the case with many companies...But one should be allowed to talk about such technical gadgets, aren’t you?

What did you do on such super yachts? Did you work there? I would be happy if you could tell me more about it. Sure, life is much more than bling and high end gadgets, but I'm sure you had great experiences in other areas too? Maybe you have visited some great places? Swimming with dolphins? Anything special you have experienced... :)
People who work on Superyachts sign confidentiality agreements because the people who own them are very wealthy and don't want one of the few chances for them to get away from things to be broadcast to the world. Some of the people are famous (so called 'celebrities') and they want their private holidays and entertainment to be private. It's not difficult to understand? Discussing the gadgets on the boat isn't appropriate. Some owners seem to compete for bling - that's all I know. (They are sad people as far as I'm concerned.)

I used to train and examine the crews of the yachts and sometimes got invited on board. A friend of mine owned a yard that used to build them. That's the connection. There's nothing more to know.

If you go sailing you have lots of experiences that are special. Why don't you try it? You don't need to be on a super yacht (they're actually pretty boring places if you like sailing or motor boating as life is more like a micro-cruise ship; sometimes not so micro.). You can get a boat and go cruising - even if it's a second hand dinghy. Lots of people say that the adventures they get are far more exciting than any time on a super yacht being waited on by the crew.

Here's the real truth. The view you get of the Caribbean Island is just the same whatever size boat you are on. You can get to visit the same places too.

I'm fortunate inasmuch as I've sailed all over the world and visited lots of interesting places. If you want you can do it too - just requires a little effort to get off your backside and make it happen. You don't need a large expensive boat.

PilotWolf

Visit site
Popel who work on Superyachts sign confidentiality e=agreements because the people who own them are very wealthy and don't want one of the few chances for them to get away from things to be broadcast to the world. Some of the people are famous (so called 'celebrities') and they want their private holidays and entertainment to be private. It's not difficult to understand? Discussing the gadgets on the boat isn't appropriate. Some owners seem to compete for bling - that's all I know. (They are sad people as far as I'm concerned.)

I used to train and examine the crews of the yachts and sometimes got invited on board. A friend of mine owned a yard that used to build them. That's the connection. There's nothing more to know.

If you go sailing you have lots of experiences that are special. Why don't you try it? You don't need to be on a super yacht (they're actually pretty boring places if you like sailing or motor boating as life is more like a micro-cruise ship; sometimes not so micro.). You can get a boat and go cruising - even if it's a second hand dinghy. Lots of people say that the adventures they get are far more exciting than any time on a super yacht being waited on by the crew.

Here's the real truth. The view you get of the Caribbean Island is just the same whatever size boat you are on. You can get to visit the same places too.

I'm fortunate inasmuch as I've sailed all over the world and visited lots of interesting places. If you want you can do it too - just requires a little effort to get off your backside and make it happen. You don't need a large expensive boat.

But it’s nice to get a cocktail served by a cute stewardess:)

Although as a skipper I’d prefer a mug of tea!

As said I did a week and had a good time and was treated well. Some here know the details but I’m not putting them out in public.

Go on a nice cruise ship. Even a basic one - just because you’re sharing with many others doesn’t mean you won’t get great service. Yes I’ve done that too.

W.

Last edited:

Tomte

Visit site
I don't know any documentaries, only series like Below Deck - but I haven't seen them. I know a few documentaries on the construction of large cruise ships.

I like to watch a few videos on real estate and houses on YouTube. There are many realtors there who present their houses in this way. I´m sure you will find something you like. There are different brokers depending on the region or country.

I've already seen the television from the video. The C-Seed brand makes it. This type of television can be installed on yachts or in houses around the pool or in the outdoor area. The TV is usually stowed in the floor and only comes out of the floor when the TV is switched on. Then he unfolds his screen. The video shows the TV as it is already extended and unfolded. The advantage is that it doesn't take up any space if you don't want to watch TV. With its huge size, the TV takes up a lot of space.

Yachts are always about having something that others don't have :)

PilotWolf

Visit site
Or anything that requires looking outside instead of at the phone or iPads?

We grew up looking out of the car or train - remember I Spy books?

I had a passenger a few years ago telling hubby the kids - probably all under 3-5 needed their IPads.

W

hangingtree

Visit site
Thank you for the answers. :)

John_morris_UK, ok, it's understandable that people don't want information to leak out. So it would be the same for me, if I was the owner of a super yacht.

And I generally just wanted to find out what it looks like on such a yacht. :)

PilotWolf, haha true, there are worse things. :) And yes, there are always good and bad services. Just need to find out what suits you best.

Tomte, thanks for the tip. I don't know the series either. But I wouldn't mind watching the documentaries on the construction of large cruise ships. :) I would also be interested in real estate and houses documentaries. :) Thanks as well for the explination. I am still impressed by the size of the television, to be honest!

LittleSister, haha amazing tips! Actually, I already decided to learn how to play backgammon last year - unfortunately I didn't make it until today - and this although I promised my Turkish friend that I will beat him next time. For Turks backgammon is already national sport ;-)

Tomte

Visit site
Only for the fools with more money than sense. Or did you mean to write, "Superyachts and always about having something that others don't have?"

From a certain level on, a competitive struggle can be observed. Of course you also have to be the person for it, not everyone always wants the largest ship or the latest technology and is just looking forward to a few nice days on their yacht. But with a certain clientele you can already see that they are happy when they are the largest boat in the port :)

john_morris_uk

yachtserendipity.wordpress.com
From a certain level on, a competitive struggle can be observed. Of course you also have to be the person for it, not everyone always wants the largest ship or the latest technology and is just looking forward to a few nice days on their yacht. But with a certain clientele you can already see that they are happy when they are the largest boat in the port :)
I'm really not interested in pandering to the egos and whims of people with lots of money. I don't believe that they are 'happy' when their boat is the biggest in the harbour in any sense of the word that I would want to associate with. I have worked with some of these people and they can be extremely shallow and self centred. Some get into the habit of being unnecessarily rude to people because they can get away with it.

It doesn't have to be that way, and I also know some people who are astonishingly wealthy but you would never know it from what they say or do. Flaunting your wealth in the form of super yachts or what toys you have on board can be tedious and boring as far as I'm concerned.

I remind you of what I said earlier. The view from the cockpit of my boat is exactly the same as theirs. My Rum Punch tastes exactly the same too.

hangingtree

Visit site
Hi there, thanks again for your answers.

Tomte, well I know enough people who always want the latest and best they can find in the world of technology. ;-) They are just fanatics. Honestly, I would be one of them, too, if I could afford it ;-) I always find news technical gadgets insanely interesting.

john_morris_uk, yes, there are from time to time those people out there. But I don't know if you can lump them all together, but often the exception proves the rule. And here I agree with you that in the end it is the same view. I often think the same when I am flying somewhere. I would love to fly first class, but in the end all passengers arrive at their destination at the same time and when the flight takes 12 hours, then it takes 12 hours, and that goes for everyone on that plane. :) But it's more about the experiences you gather, I think. In other words, one should enjoy life as much as possible and just do what makes you happy...;-)

Tomte

Visit site
I'm really not interested in pandering to the egos and whims of people with lots of money. I don't believe that they are 'happy' when their boat is the biggest in the harbour in any sense of the word that I would want to associate with. I have worked with some of these people and they can be extremely shallow and self centred. Some get into the habit of being unnecessarily rude to people because they can get away with it.

It doesn't have to be that way, and I also know some people who are astonishingly wealthy but you would never know it from what they say or do. Flaunting your wealth in the form of super yachts or what toys you have on board can be tedious and boring as far as I'm concerned.

I remind you of what I said earlier. The view from the cockpit of my boat is exactly the same as theirs. My Rum Punch tastes exactly the same too.

You are absolutely right. Of course, you also have to be the person for that. It's the same for me, I know very polite and helpful people with a lot of money and I don't like meeting others, it is seldom a pleasure to go out to dinner with them. The behavior of these people rubs off on you and the next time I go to this restaurant, everyone looks at me crookedly. Maybe "happy" is the wrong word, maybe it is expected of you from a certain point in time. But I also think that you can evade that if you really want to. The question then is whether it has no consequences for someone and whether you want to accept that. Then it is easier to just play along.

Hi there, thanks again for your answers.

Tomte, well I know enough people who always want the latest and best they can find in the world of technology. ;-) They are just fanatics. Honestly, I would be one of them, too, if I could afford it ;-) I always find news technical gadgets insanely interesting.

john_morris_uk, yes, there are from time to time those people out there. But I don't know if you can lump them all together, but often the exception proves the rule. And here I agree with you that in the end it is the same view. I often think the same when I am flying somewhere. I would love to fly first class, but in the end all passengers arrive at their destination at the same time and when the flight takes 12 hours, then it takes 12 hours, and that goes for everyone on that plane. :) But it's more about the experiences you gather, I think. In other words, one should enjoy life as much as possible and just do what makes you happy...;-)

What still looks futuristic now will be standard in a few years. Take a look at the smartphones. You can already fold the display on some, and that will also apply to TVs. So you can already see the development. The televisions from C-Seed are just a stage of development and are now futuristic, but possibly in some years standard. When the technology is mature and you know it will catch on, I'm interested in it too. But I don't have to have every new development right away. Ultimately, it has to be an advantage for me too. I don't have to have anything just because others have it :)

I think you just tell yourself that too. I can already tellsee a difference. 12 hours first class or 12 hours economy is a difference. If you don't see any difference, I'm sorry. However, it doesn't mean you need it. Everyone can decide for themselves.

hangingtree

Visit site
Tomte, yes, people have been talking about foldable smartphones for quite some time. I haven't noticed that with TVs. I've only just seen on that video that there are such huge, foldable TVs. But I can also imagine that such foldable TVs will be seen much more often in the future. That is actually also logical. People are getting more and more numerous, there is less space, conurbations are getting bigger and bigger, and every square centimetre plays a role… ;-) And since technology will be playing an ever greater role in our lives, we would also like to have such high-tech devices in our homes. Such foldable devices are very practical, because they offer high quality and they are large, but still save space. That will be the future, I guess! Thank you again for the many answers! The thread was very interesting and informative! :)

Sandy

Visit site
'What are the best entertainment systems for yacht cruises you know?'

Snakes & ladders; backgammon; radio; music collection and player; binoculars & bird/animal spotting guide book; crossword puzzles; books; musical instrument(s); I-spy. :)
I'll add watching the clouds go by, sun rise and sun set, feeling the wind on your face and hearing the sound of the ocean.

BurnitBlue

Visit site
A seperate area for holographic actors to do their thing around holographic props with stereo sound. Aldous Huxly's "Brave New World" revisited. Next will be super lifelike robots indistinguishable from real live humans. Any model from the Hulk to Charlez Theiron for your "pleasure" I was thinking of something like ones own cricket team. Fred Truman, Donald Bradman, etc

dom

Visit site
What are the best entertainment systems for yacht cruises you know?

A computer to troll with of course!

Though I suppose rich trolls might be tapping away on golden keyboards with sapphire screens while drinking Tetleys served by nubile virgins.

??